Weird creaking noise

sreddos

:
2010 CX-9 GT
I have noticed a loud creaking noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. It doesn't happen when I start driving the truck, but I notice it after driving for a little bit. The noise only happens when the tires rotate and it speeds up as the tires rotate faster. It doesn't sound anything brake related cause it doesn't sound like metal parts. It almost sounds like a power steering/suspension noise, but the power steering fluid is fine and it happens when I am going straight on flat ground. Any ideas??

How many miles on the vehicle?

I had a similar symptom on my ML320 that turned out to be a drive shaft bearing but that was after 120,000 miles and may not be an issue at all with the Mazda.

4500 miles, give or take a few. This has started occurring within the last couple weeks. I've been out of town for work so I haven't been able to take it to the dealer, but I will be soon within the next week to get my first oil change and have them look at it also.

I'm going to, however, I noticed that when driving it the past few days, been out of town all week, the sounds has stopped. Very odd. I'll see if it comes back in the next few days.

Does it sound sorta like a squeak squeak squeak? Or is it definitely a creak creak creak? My 2010 CX9 just started doing that every morning for the first 10 min or so ... until it warms up. Took it to the dealer, they said it was the driveshaft. Replaced it yesterday. This morning.... squeak squeak squeak again. :( What the heck is THAT? Only 6000 miles on my car!

Is this a constant noise or does it come and go? Mine is also a 2010 and has made a front end sound that the dealer has not been able to duplicate. It only lasts for maybe a second or two and does not matter if we're going straight, turning, or speeding up. It does seem to have somewhat gone away here lately though. It's really hard to explain the sound with a keyboard, but mine is more of a bump, bump, bump. 16,500 miles in the 1st 10 months.

The noise has actually gone away. When I had it, it kind of came and went, but I only noticed it at slow speed. Generally when I am pulling into my garage from the alley, so I was turning while moving, but going slow. I haven't noticed the sound in about 2 months, so I had just let this one go to break in of the vehicle.

Mine sounds like a high pitched bird chirping and it starts immediately when I pull out first thing in the morning and increases with the speed of the wheels going around until it is pretty much a constant thing until I slow down...then it slows down too. After it warms up a little it is hardly noticeable, but is still there. Then the next morning it is SOOOOO LOUD again! Makes me sick. I love this car so much! But the yahoos at Mazda service (this is the second dealer I have been to) do not know their ____ from a ___ in the ground. Sorry.:(

For your case, I am thinking it is the brake pads scratching against rotors.
Some metal debris could be trapped between the two. It happened to me once with my BMW.
Within 5 minutes or so, the debris fell off somehow, and the noise went away.

Ok.....took it back to dealer service and left it for 4 days. Turned out it needed to have the transfer case replaced. But thanks for all the input guys!

Back