ISO Super Pro Bushings

Dimitrios

Contributor
:
2012 CWP MS3
Specifically, SPF3450K (Steering Rack & Pinion Shaft Guide)

http://203.31.191.243/fulcrumCat/ (I have an 03 BJ chassis)

I've bought Pedder's products from you guys. I think that Whiteline/Pedders is all made by Super Pro? Those Aussies have a pretty stout addiction to polyurethane. Here in the US it's only like ES and Prothane.

good find, would whiteline be the only retailer for Super Pro ?
If that's the case then you can't get them since whiteline don't sell to USA for some reasons.

Well, Superpro (a division of Fulcrum Suspension in Australia) sells in the US via Tien USA. I've emailed/called/carrier pigeoned them several times to no avail. There are speed shops in the Chicago area that are Tein dealers, but they're all a bunch of choads and I don't prefer to deal with them.

I've had great results with Corksport and have been happy with the Pedders bushings bought in the past, so figured I'd try here.

Fulcrum themselves suggested I contact these folks: http://www.jdmobsession.net/page.html?id=4

Last edited:
Fulcrum and TIEN are closely linked together here in Australia.

I have some bushings in the front control arms that are wearing and Fulcrum were pretty good in finding them, pointing them out and provide advice on replacing them.

I hope that Corksport can help you out with your parts. If not, let me know as it is possible that I could order the parts here in Australia and send them to you.

Cheers.

Fulcrum and TIEN are closely linked together here in Australia.

I have some bushings in the front control arms that are wearing and Fulcrum were pretty good in finding them, pointing them out and provide advice on replacing them.

I hope that Corksport can help you out with your parts. If not, let me know as it is possible that I could order the parts here in Australia and send them to you.

Cheers.

Aus, much appreciated. I'll let you know. I sent a few more notes off to Tien today and another to Flying Miata here in the 'States as they have a small selection of Super Pro, though they indicated they're unable to.

Is there a way you can find a price? The MX-5 bushing goes for approx US$30 here, so I'd expect about the same for the BJ chassis.

Aus, much appreciated. I'll let you know. I sent a few more notes off to Tien today and another to Flying Miata here in the 'States as they have a small selection of Super Pro, though they indicated they're unable to.

Is there a way you can find a price? The MX-5 bushing goes for approx US$30 here, so I'd expect about the same for the BJ chassis.

I have a quote at home with the price of one of the front lower control arm bushings on it. When I get home tonight I will find it and post up that price.

It might be easier if you PM a list of what bushings you are after and I will find out prices for you. I will also dig around for a local price list or catalogue.

Cheers.

I have a quote at home with the price of one of the front lower control arm bushings on it. When I get home tonight I will find it and post up that price.

It might be easier if you PM a list of what bushings you are after and I will find out prices for you. I will also dig around for a local price list or catalogue.

Cheers.

Just one per the first post: SPF3450K

I did get a reply back from Peter @ JDM Obsession so we'll see what he comes back with.

Just one per the first post: SPF3450K

I did get a reply back from Peter @ JDM Obsession so we'll see what he comes back with.

Ooops, missed that detail (smoke)

I just missed Fulcrum this afternoon :(

I will give them a call on Monday morning (Sunday evening your time) for a price on that part and post it here.

Also, would share what the expected benefits of installing this part are?

Cheers.

Ooops, missed that detail (smoke)

I just missed Fulcrum this afternoon :(

I will give them a call on Monday morning (Sunday evening your time) for a price on that part and post it here.

Also, would share what the expected benefits of installing this part are?

Cheers.

Update from JDM Obsession:

Dimitrios, just a quick update:

Spoke with Fulcrum Suspensions today and they are going to enquire to see if the factory can make up one. Apparently it is not a fast moving item hence they have had nil stock for a while. They are supposed to get back to me on Monday with a response.

Will let you know.

Kind regards,

Peter Uther
Proprietor :: JDM Obsession
Sydney, NSW
P | 0409 000 056
F | 02 9909 1944
sales@jdmobsession.net
www.jdmobsession.net

Here's a decent "review" of the Pros/Cons from the WRX folks. I'm also a fan of poly. Save for some parts I haven't been able to find replacements for (spring seats namely)

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1399710

Part: Super Pro Steering Rack Bushings
Car: 2002 WRX Sedan
Other mods: none
Review Date: December 26, 2005
Recommend? yes |
Price paid: $17.99 |
Rating: 10

Pros: steering response, price
Cons: installation

they are a nice subtle improvement for the car's sloppy factory steering response. for less than $20, it's an upgrade everybody should do. not particularly noticeable at low speed turns but quite noticable at higher speed turns like on on-ramps and curvy freeways.

install should theoretically take like 5 minutes but took me and a friend about two hours due to the fact that there's alot of things in the way.

gets a 10/10 due to it's great bang for the buck and the installation difficulty was due to subaru's poor power steering line placement, not the SuperPro product itself.

Not sure how the BJ chassis would benefit, but I'd be eager to find out.

Last edited:
Update from JDM Obsession:

Here's a decent "review" of the Pros/Cons from the WRX folks. I'm also a fan of poly. Save for some parts I haven't been able to find replacements for (spring seats namely)

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1399710

Not sure how the BJ chassis would benefit, but I'd be eager to find out.

Alrighty,

I just got off the phone with Fulcrum. I got a similar story as they said that the part was not in stock - the guy I was talking to thought that it might be because it was a relatively new part (but that's neither here nor there).

Fulcrum will give a call to the factory and see if they have any there or if/when they could get some made up. They will then call me back with the details.

I was able to get a price off them though. It would be about US$27 just for the bushing - not including shipping. I guess a few could be order if anyone else was interested in trying them out.

Cheers.

OK, I have spoken to Fulcrum again.

They have confirmed that the part is very new and has not been produced yet. If someone was to order it, they will place the part on backorder and they weren't sure how long it would take to produce.

I have a few bushes that will need replacing before the year is out and I could include this in that bit of work. The only thing is that the work is not urgent and I certainly won't be thinking of doing that for a few months until I get back from a holiday and clear a few projects from my plate.

Is anyone else keen to get the ball rolling on this? Test dummies (er.... pilots) to try this mod out? (dunno)

Indeed. I got a reply back from JDM Obsession there in Australia and he stated that Fulcrum would justify a run of 10 pieces. It'd run about $400 US to ship all of them to the 'States (i.e. about $35 US each + total shipping for the lot).

I *might* be willing to front the money to get this off the ground here (I'll look to start a GI/GB thread...those are always great), but I'm also with you in that it's not a pertinent/immediate issue. However, I intended to replace my dampers here in the next few weeks so I just figured while I'm down there....

D

Indeed. I got a reply back from JDM Obsession there in Australia and he stated that Fulcrum would justify a run of 10 pieces. It'd run about $400 US to ship all of them to the 'States (i.e. about $35 US each + total shipping for the lot).

I *might* be willing to front the money to get this off the ground here (I'll look to start a GI/GB thread...those are always great), but I'm also with you in that it's not a pertinent/immediate issue. However, I intended to replace my dampers here in the next few weeks so I just figured while I'm down there....

D

Are you sure he quoted you in US dollars? I was quoted $35 Australian, which is about US$27. JDM Obsession have a decent profit margin there :p US$50 shipping for the lot is prolly alright.

If you do want to get a group buy going, keep me in the loop. I would like to grab one of pieces and I can definitely get some comparative pricing direct from Fulcrum.

Cheers.

Are you sure he quoted you in US dollars? I was quoted $35 Australian, which is about US$27. JDM Obsession have a decent profit margin there :p US$50 shipping for the lot is prolly alright.

If you do want to get a group buy going, keep me in the loop. I would like to grab one of pieces and I can definitely get some comparative pricing direct from Fulcrum.

Cheers.

I was just going off memory; let me find the email....($27 sounds right).

Here's a good PDF by Super Pro on the bushing:
http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/images/stories/superpro_technical_pdfs/SuperPro_Rack_Mounts.pdf

Here are the emails:

Hi Dimitrios,

Fulcrum Suspensions got back to me this morning with a bit of bad news, unfortunately. Their factory can not produce a run of just one of the SPF3450K, on a cost/benefit basis it just isn't worth it for them.

So unfortunately that means we can not supply you with the SPF3450K at this stage. Apparently it is a very low-volume seller, so they are reluctant to produce any more.

There is a chance that they would do a run of them if you could get 10 interested parties for a group buy though? The price would be AUD$30.00 each, plus shipping to the USA (pretty cheap if we sent them all at once to you).

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards,

Peter Uther

Email 2 (after asking some additional clarifications)

My understanding of this part is that it helps to reduce play in the steering rack. You would certainly notice a difference. Quite simply, we are blown away every day by the amount of cars out there getting around with flogged bushes. Replacing them is taking a huge step towards getting that 'new car' feeling back!

Shipping would depend on the weight of the item and quantity ordered.

Let's say that there are 10 items, weighing 200g each including packaging, which is equal to 10kg total weight.

Express shipping (3-7 business days) would be roughly AUD$65. The order total would therefore be AUD$365 for the whole lot, providing you order 10 bushes and I am not too far off with the weight estimate.

--
Peter Uther
Proprietor :: JDM Obsession
Sydney, NSW
P | 0409 000 056
F | 02 9909 1944
sales@jdmobsession.net
www.jdmobsession.net

Haha, maths fail by JDM Obsesssion (drunk)

If each bushing weighs 200 grams (0.2 kg), then 10 of them would weigh 2 kg and not 10 kg.

I wasn't told anything about having to order 10 of them but I don't think that my contact was really pushing to get any made.

AU$365 is equivalent to about US$300.

I will leave it up to you.

I am at 100k miles and I am going to be swapping rubber stuff pretty soon, ide definitely be game for a set of anything you can get your hands on for the ms6

Yeah, I'm pursuing some options with Tein now; I'm not sure I'm willing to front the money for 10 pieces + shipping from Australia.

@ TexasSpeed6, yours would be a different part number for sure, and if it's not in stock at Tein or other distributor, would need a separate bulk purchase.

Back