Cannot communicate with ECU

Mistersix

:
MAZDASPEED6
I recently installed a cpe catted dp. i'm currently running a stage 1 map. when i went to switch the map to a stage 2 the ap said it could not communicate with the ecu, and make sure it was connected and the car was off. several attempts results the same.

i've already downloaded the most recent firm ware a few weeks ago and switched from a V1.02 map to the latest V1.04 map with no problem. but now i cant change maps.

i searched and tried suggestions from other threads. i even un-installed updater and re-installed it, though with no success.

here are the versions i have downloaded:
AP manager V1.2.2.1
Firmware V1.6.0.1-13128
Updater V1.2.4.0

i clicked the beta options in the tools in updater. but it still says i using the latest firmware. however in the details it says failed to download beta version.

19:57:26: checking beta
19:57:26: downloading version_beta.txt from Index of /support/accessport/AP-MAZ-002
19:57:26: failed to download version_beta.txt, HTTP status code 404
19:57 failed to download version_beta.txt, HTTP status code 404
19:57 failed to download version_beta.txt, HTTP status code 404
19:57 client-side version= v1.6.0.1-13128
19:57 server-side version= 1.6.0.1-13128
19:57 no firmware update necessary

I hope someone can help me figure this out. since i cant call cobb till Tuesday. one last question is, is it safe to drive my car with the stage one map installed?

Shoot me your email address and i will forward you the Alpha update they sent me when my MS3 ecu would not communicate with my AP. Is your car a california car or a federal car ?

stage 1 map will run fine. so will stock. i wouldnt push your car though. drive like a granny.

Is your dongle wobble a bit? Mine is real loose fitting and i have to keep pressure on it toward the driver seat for it to communicate, without pressure it wont.

Is your dongle wobble a bit? Mine is real loose fitting and i have to keep pressure on it toward the driver seat for it to communicate, without pressure it wont.
never thought of that, but its worth a shot.
stage 1 map will run fine. so will stock. i wouldnt push your car though. drive like a granny.
i did a data log at part throttle up a long hill and everything seems safe enough. but yeah, i wont push it. just gonna stay away from WOT.
Shoot me your email address and i will forward you the Alpha update they sent me when my MS3 ecu would not communicate with my AP. Is your car a california car or a federal car ?

its federal, and my email is lancenmeem@gmail.com

are the ms3 and ms6 updates one and the same?

is there a way to revert back to the firmware i had on the ap before the latest update. i never had any problems till this update. which is funny cause the new update was supposed to fix a bug that caused the problem i have. but now i have the ecu bug, and never had it before. guess i should have just left it alone.

hey thanks for this. i followed the instructions and succesfully installed this alpha update: v1.6.0.0-13090+

plugged it in to the car, and it says the exact same thing (uhm)

any other ideas????

Back