CorkSport SRI Intake for the 2004-2009 Mazda 3

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
We have released our SRI (Short Ram Intake) for the 2004-2009 Mazda 3. The intake is available with multiple color options for the silicone, MAF housing, and filter. The intake is $179 and available to purchase.

Ate-6-117.jpg

The intake uses a machined billet aluminum MAF housing which is available in black, blue, red, and gold.

MAFS12669851484b84a8bc94641.jpg

Feel free to post if anyone has any questions.

-Derrick

do you have any dyno numbers that show h.p. and tq. gained, any effect on m.p.g. Is that silicone hose for the elbow. does the filter have a velocity stack type curve on the inside. I just read an article in Import tuner that said that velocity stack type curves help air to flow better thru the MAFS. Check out the article on pg 28 july 2010 edition so you get the jist of what i am saying, and asking. Thanks

do you have any dyno numbers that show h.p. and tq. gained, any effect on m.p.g. Is that silicone hose for the elbow. does the filter have a velocity stack type curve on the inside. I just read an article in Import tuner that said that velocity stack type curves help air to flow better thru the MAFS. Check out the article on pg 28 july 2010 edition so you get the jist of what i am saying, and asking. Thanks

The connector to the throttle body and MAF is a multilayer silicone piece. The base of the air filter does have the contour to air in airflow. The filters are manufactured by AEM for CorkSport.

-Derrick

i am not trying to be an ass but, what of the dyno numbers? super curious! this is an opportunity to actually "talk" to a source.

another awesome looking peice from CS!

To bad i want a CAI for the 3 though :( but ill be sure to get your exhaust for it

We currently do not have any dyno numbers for that specific model, but I will work on getting one on the dyno when the opportunity presents itself.

I can't imagine the dyno numbers are all that important. All of these intakes, at least the reputable ones, are going to make about the same 6-8 hp, anyway, and the dyno numbers published by some of the companies should be taken with a grain of salt. Just look for a good quality product from a reliable company who's been around for a while, like CorkSport. I'm quite fond this intake in my Mazda3.

Chibana is correct that most of the reputable intake companies all put out similar gains. Dyno numbers can be easily massaged to show higher gains than what you will see in daily driving, so just be aware of that.

i realize that published h.p. numbers are peak numbers and most likely stretched. any numbers that you provide would be far closer to reality. i have also done more reading on short rams, some complaints of heat soak (sitting in traffic with a.c. on) i would think that drawing air through both the rad. and a.c. cond. could be a problem. what happens to a c.a.i. if 2-4 inches were cut off? (to help prevent hydrolock) good or bad idea?

I can't imagine the dyno numbers are all that important. All of these intakes, at least the reputable ones, are going to make about the same 6-8 hp, anyway, and the dyno numbers published by some of the companies should be taken with a grain of salt. Just look for a good quality product from a reliable company who's been around for a while, like CorkSport. I'm quite fond this intake in my Mazda3.
Why would I bolt anything on my car that has no "proof" of any gains?

Do you *really* think that the dynos provided by most companies are proof of anything except their ability to fudge numbers?

Do you *really* think that the dynos provided by most companies are proof of anything except their ability to fudge numbers?
I quess somthing is better than nothing. It just seems as though they machined a piece to bolt the maf to sourced some silicone elbows and called up aem and got some filters and voila, short ram. $179.00 thank you!?!
Maybe I'm wrong but it gives me a bad feeling.

Not to belabor the point, but CorkSport isn't that kind of company. I've had three after-market exhausts on this car alone (and many more on others), and this CorkSport one is among the highest quality of all of them (far better than the Simota I had, and better than the F2 cold air intake that was the first). To demonstrate my point that CorkSport is not your run-of-the mill aftermarket parts shop, let me relate my story in purchasing my Quaife ATB differential for my Mazda3.

I believe that I was the very first non-racing Mazda3 owner to install the Quaife. I had originally planned to turbo-charge my Mazda3, and as part of the prep for that, I did some transmission work. One of the things I wanted was the Qauife. I had a supercharged 2001 Focus ZX3 making 200 lb-ft. of torque, and the lack of an LSD was a weak point. Back in the first half of 2006 I found that the Quaife for the Mazda3 was the same as the Protege part. However, there seemed to be issues getting a properly warrantied Quaife at that time. Mazdaspeed seemed to be the only authorized seller. I think I saw it on CorkSport's website, and was wondering if it was OK to buy it there, but I can't remember for sure. What I do remember is that I called Mazdaspeed about it. I was told that CorkSport was the one-and-only legit place to get the Quaife for the Mazda3/Protege (at least at that time) if you were not taking your Mazda3 racing. The guy on the phone told me that CorkSport was Mazdaspeed's way of allowing street-driven Mazda3s the chance to have the Quaife.

I'm not 100% sure if I have all the details of that sory completely correct, but the gist is right. I know that MazdaSpeed informed me that if I wanted a properly warrantied Quaife, I had to buy it from CorkSport. Now, if CorkSport were the kind of shop to just throw together a filter and a tube and call it good, would Mazdaspeed have chosen them to be the one place to sell the Quaife to "normal" Mazda3 and Protege drivers? Probably not.

Also, I think I saw in the other thread about this product that CorkSport does have typical gains listed for the intake. With how common it is for aftermarket vendors to issue fudged dynos, I think this is just as meaningful.

I agree with chibana Corksport are mazda gods. I will be buying their sri once my simota completely falls apart.

Back