Mazda Hitch Wiring install instructions

gtxjoe

Mazda OEM hitch harness part number is: 0000-8E-N13. This harness will work on 2009/2010 CX-9s all AWD models and FWD GT models.
IMG_1753%20(Large)%20(Medium).JPG

Mazda OEM hitch wiring harness install instructions are attached. NOTE: The instructions say the harness connector is on the driver side. I found it on the passenger side, so I installed the hitch module near the tire jack, instead of over by the driver side storage bin. (This actually made the install much easier, I only had to remove the storage compartment and the rear threshold plate)

IMG_1757%20(Large)%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_1759%20(Large)%20(Medium).JPG

More details on the install located here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5257333#post5257333

Attachments

• Hitch Wiring Harness install.pdf
    547.2 KB · Views: 1,866
Last edited:
UUUGGGGG!! That is so slick! I can't believe that I just installed an aftermarket wiring harness which involved running a wire through the firewall to the battery. That looks so simple -

I will always read this forum before pulling my car apart.

Thanks for the info and pics. I sure that it will help alot of folks.(encourage(encourage

I'm certainly not the expert here, but I believe that you'd need the towing prep pkg to have the connector for the light harness. The FWD models are not tow- ready.

You can easily remove the cargo tray and look around near your jack to see if you have the connector. If you have it, the harness should be a snap to install, and the little extra $$ seems worth the hassle.

If not, the aftermarket harness really wasn't too difficult to install. Running the wire from the rear, under the thresholds, and through the firewall to the battery was a little challenging. But, if i can do it, then just about anyone can.

Good luck, but make certain that your CX9's transmission is capable of towing your load first.

I just took apart my cargo area.
My 2008 GT AWD does not have the same wiring as depicted (of 2010).
I have a navi unit where the silverish box is in the picture.
I did not find anything open connector.
Don't assume this part can be used on any CX9s.
It is probably only for 2010 AWD (w/ Tow-prep as standard).

The connector started in 2009 when they began offering Tow Prep for all AWD, and FWD GTs. Prior to that, you had to get the tow package already installed, which is why you couldn't buy the hitch or wiring unless yours already came with it.

You can still use the new Mazda harness on a non tow CX9. After identifying all of the wires, you just have to run the power wire to the battery, and tap the appropriate triggers at the taillights, as you would an after market harness.

I wish they had this harness when I did mine, since I put a factory receiver on my Sport. It has that nice boot to replace the body plug, and would have snapped right into the receiver bracket. (I did fabricate a bracket to prevent dangle though)

I will update the first post to indicate the harness connector is available on all2009/2010 AWD models and FWD GT models

I have a 2009 GT with Tow Package. I bought this tow harness, hoping to avoid splicing and all the rest, but when I took apart the back, it seems someone had cut the connector out. The wires are there, but there is not connector on them, but there was in line but-connectors where some had previous installed something. Yes, the vehicle was used, but I didn't think to check or ask about this.

My problem now is I have this harness but don't know which wire goes to which pin, with 6 wires there are a lot of combinations. Can anyone send a close up picture of the harness within the vehicle?

The wires on the harness are red, white, green, black, brown and yellow.

The wires in the car are green, black, green w/white stripe, green w/yellow stripe, green w/blackline and one is lime green... If I can figure out the layout, I'm hoping to psplice them to the harness and be done with it! Any help is appreciated!

Back