How To: Swap for LED Interior Lighting

BMathis

:
Mazda 6i
Swap for LED Interior Lighting - Mazda 6

Difficulty = (2)
Tools = Flat head Screw Driver, Hex wrench/screwdriver, LED #194 Bulbs
Cost = $25 +- the type of Bulbs and where you got em.
O Factor = (7) It's an easy mod for tons of light or color accenting.

You can get LEDs here:

www.autolumination.com
www.superbrightleds.com

Map and Door lights are bulb #194

I suggest getting the 4Led bulbs as any much bigger will NOT fit in the Map lights. Color is up to you.

Front Map Lights
Start by Removing the Hex Screws in Sunglass holder
IMG_5957.jpg

Using a butter knife or Flathead screwdriver pry the Left Side down enough to get a finger to pull down... You gotta use the knife to push in the Clip on the side, and pull the unit down... Same thing on Passenger side. 2 Clips
IMG_5961.jpg

Unplug the unit for easier access to the bulbs
IMG_5959-1.jpg

Twist the bulbs and pull out gently. Put LED's in and be sure to TEST THEM before you put it all back together. If they do not work, switch the way you put them in, as they have a + and -.
IMG_5960.jpg

Put the unit back in and don't forget the hex screws.

IMG_5962.jpg

Back seats are almost exactly the same, but without the sunglass holder hex screws.

Use the knife to get to the clips, push in and pull down.
IMG_5966.jpg

Replace the exact same way, testing them before you put it back up.
IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

The Door Lights just Pull straight out, the lens cover does too. Pull the old bulb out, and replace with your LED bulb. You can get larger LEDs (more) becasue there is little clearance issues.

Enjoy!

Very nice write up, just one question...do you know if this would work on the Speed6? I mean are the bulbs the same etc...?

Dude - you did this the hard way. All you had to do was pop out the clear plastic covers over each set of map lights using a pocket knife. I plugged the LEDs in and then popped back in the cover. I am running Superstar w/heatsink - blue inside and white in the doors.

Very nice write up, just one question...do you know if this would work on the Speed6? I mean are the bulbs the same etc...?
Thanks Klad.

I think this will work for your Speed6, but I don't have one... If the assembly looks the same, I'd imagine it is. Keeps the price down on their production costs. (drinks)

Dude - you did this the hard way. All you had to do was pop out the clear plastic covers over each set of map lights using a pocket knife. I plugged the LEDs in and then popped back in the cover. I am running Superstar w/heatsink - blue inside and white in the doors.

It wasn't hard at all.

The 6/MS6 interior bulbs are all the same except for the vanity mirror lights and trunk bulbs. I wish I could tell you the bulb #'s but I can't read them off the stock bulbs and the manual doesn't specify.

Last edited:
Back