MS6 Cabin Air Filter

needforspeed6

:
07 Mazdaspeed 6
Well, its about time to change my cabin air filter. What is the part number and where is it located? Let me know. Thanks

The filter for the CX-7 is exactly the same...it's around $10.

Maybe I just didn't notice something obvious, but how do you take the filter out? I have an 06 speed 6 and I tried replacing the filter when I bought the car, but there is a metal support brace right in front of the filter so I can only pull it out an inch or two.

Maybe I just didn't notice something obvious, but how do you take the filter out? I have an 06 speed 6 and I tried replacing the filter when I bought the car, but there is a metal support brace right in front of the filter so I can only pull it out an inch or two.

Just pull it slightly to your left and it should come right out. It will fold in on itself if you need to manipulate it slightly.

Thanks I'll try it in the morining. Ive nver seen the filter out, so I didn't know it could be bent without damaging it. Hopefully it works - its getting smelly

Yup, that worked. I didnt feel like waiting for one to come in from NAPA so I got a Fram fresh air filter CF10285 from WalMart. Im not sure which car its supposed to go to - I just eyeballed the size from the box, and luckily, it fit perfectly.

OMG, had my car in for service on Friday, the dealer said my cabin filter was dirty and quoted me $120 to replace it!!! Haha yah right. So I got the part for $11, just need to put it in.

so im at 75000 miles should i replace mine to im sure its never been done before im the second owner and i look like it was a family car before (all the damn crayons and cheese its under the rear seat) so im sure its never been done thanks for the help

so im at 75000 miles should i replace mine to im sure its never been done before im the second owner and i look like it was a family car before (all the damn crayons and cheese its under the rear seat) so im sure its never been done thanks for the help

Do it. I think I paid $24 from the dealer, you won't believe how much s*** is in there.

you should change them probably every other year at the least. i got mine on amazon.com for like $13.

you should change them probably every other year at the least. i got mine on amazon.com for like $13.

Factory booklet says 6 months or 12k. I recommend earlier than that even. They get bad really fast here.

Back