Is your switchblade key slow or stuck?

Rotus

:
07 MS3
I searched for a how to for opening the key section of the switchblade, not the part where you replace the battery, but the part that has the physical key. I could not find it, so I fumbled around and found out how to open it. I didn't think this was so hard that it needed pictures, but if anyone needs clarification, just let me know.

I did this because my wife's 6 key started slowing on opening, then finally just got stuck open.

First, separate the key from the fob by opening the key and hitting the release tab next to the 'M' in "made in china" (lol). Take an old exacto knife or similarly thin strong blade and break the tip off so that you have a 1mm wide tip. Use this to pry the flying M logo off. If you are very careful, you can do this without marring the surface, but I was not that careful. Under the logo you will find a 00 phillips screw. Carefully remove this screw and, holding the key with the button on the bottom, lift off the cover. I found a small piece of something stuck in there, keeping the key from turning. Remove whatever obstruction you might find (they slip in through the crack where the key fits when folded).

Reverse steps and your key should work good as new.

how do you change the battery? same way? Havent tried to take it apart yet to see.

I've seen other how-tos on changing the battery, but I think you detach the key from the remote as in my instructions then the battery is accessible.

just fixed mine with this. thanks.

only issue is that the glue stuff under the M got a little bunched so the M doesn't sit flat...i may peel it all out and re-glue it.

Back