Aluminum Drums

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
I was digging around for some Rx8 parts and took a look at the what Knightsports has for the Mazda 2/Demio and saw these.

alfin_drum.jpg

Interesting idea, they would disapate heat quick.

Would people be interested if we offered them for sale?

-Derrick

If these would fit a protege with rear drums I would be interested. Not alot of options for upgrading rear drums. My only question would be long term durability? I know corksport sells quality so as long as the price is reasonable I'm sure plenty would be interested.

I am not sure if they would work or not. I would have to measure the stock stuff once we get the Mazda 2 here.

-Derrick

Would love to know the price on these when they become available... are there shoe upgrades, too?

THe lowest model comes with 14 inch steel wheels. Same as my protege dx. I am interested pending overall diameter.

Last edited:
Rear drums are overheated very easily in downhill sectoions and during trackdays.If these drum covers disipate heat I better than the stock ones then yes,I would buy them.Also a sportier brake pad for the drums whould be good.Brig already has some available and all the rally and autoX Demios in japan use them.

PS:If you produce the drum cover,please make it black in colour. :Ο)

If the alloy drums would fit '02 Protege DX I would buy a pair. I would prefer black anodized finish to raw aluminum.

Certainly a nice idea but honestly, I'd much rather see a disc brake conversion...hoping it's not too costly.

I agree a rear disc kit would be better (and close to the same price)

-Derrick

-Derrick

Not knowing off the top of my head but if the Miata's have rear disc brakes...think that would be an ideal place to start for a conversion?

Certainly a nice idea but honestly, I'd much rather see a disc brake conversion...hoping it's not too costly.
I second this, I bet we can make something fit. I might just have an extra miata caliper and brake disc laying around...

-Derrick
Who knows, maybe even cheaper? :)

Not knowing off the top of my head but if the Miata's have rear disc brakes...think that would be an ideal place to start for a conversion?

Just saw this...

I might just have an extra miata caliper and brake disc laying around...

Back