194.2 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Thanks for posting up pictures of your 2.

Did you notice a big difference in power with the chip?

How much BHP did you get with chip?!?

And why is your engine indicator ON :D

Haha I had to take a photo with that engine light on, it's off now. My chip has 3 different settings, on the performance setting it's suppose to give me 86kw at the crank that's according to the computer. The engine light was on because one of the chip's wires got loose but it's fixed. On normal mode it gives about 82kw. But I have branches and a freeflow too.

Corksport do you have an MPS? A Chip is most effective on turbo cars, if you look closely in the pics you'll notice the GTI. The chip gained 35kw on the GTI as it's much more noticeable on turbo cars. The best ones is the ones that plug into the OBD11 ports as they're untraceable.

Haha I had to take a photo with that engine light on, it's off now. My chip has 3 different settings, on the performance setting it's suppose to give me 86kw at the crank that's according to the computer. The engine light was on because one of the chip's wires got loose but it's fixed. On normal mode it gives about 82kw. But I have branches and a freeflow too.

Corksport do you have an MPS? A Chip is most effective on turbo cars, if you look closely in the pics you'll notice the GTI. The chip gained 35kw on the GTI as it's much more noticeable on turbo cars. The best ones is the ones that plug into the OBD11 ports as they're untraceable.

Why didn't you go with piasini flash ?

they absolutely great on the Mazda's buddy.

Costs about 3k

Nice car bud(nana)

Hey VDS that's my plan but I want to do a full remap be4 that(I'm waiting for my warranty to void).

Jacques do you know a place that can flash our ecu's, I used a chip until know to keep my warranty but my car is nearly 3yrs old now.

Hey VDS that's my plan but I want to do a full remap be4 that(I'm waiting for my warranty to void).

Jacques do you know a place that can flash our ecu's, I used a chip until know to keep my warranty but my car is nearly 3yrs old now.

Yep, speak to Trevor 083 309 5033

He is really brilliant-he uses the piasini flash and that adjusts to future mods

you make-is your branch stainless because Stefan at Wildcat told me you

can only go mild because when stainless gets hot it pulls straight according

to them? Who did yours, which branch ?

Thanks for that num.
I have a 4-2-1 branch(I asked for something similar to 38-42-50) and they did the rest, I got it installed at speedway(local workshp). Where do you live? I have a friend in Gauteng he di a F1-X system at ACE-motorsport, also sounds awesome. Mine is a bit loud on the open road. My f/flow I did at Phakisa.

Thanks for that num.
I have a 4-2-1 branch(I asked for something similar to 38-42-50) and they did the rest, I got it installed at speedway(local workshp). Where do you live? I have a friend in Gauteng he di a F1-X system at ACE-motorsport, also sounds awesome. Mine is a bit loud on the open road. My f/flow I did at Phakisa.

Im also in the Gauteng area's,,,my branch will also be 4-2-1, they said they recently did the same mod on the new i20 and made good power, they say my gains will also be impressive as I will have my downpipe and d-cat replaced

I have also spoken to clint where you did your chip the powerbox system,,,how does that adjust to future mods bud?

Man that chip makes driveability better, you reach 6000rpm way faster. It feels the same with new mods. The thing has 3 different settings from economy to performance but in the 2 sets thats meant for performance it triggers the engine light. Economy does improve but I really give a hell about that. I think your Flash tuning is the better option, I'm planning to sell the chip and use flash tune rather.

Agreed on your remark bud,,,btw who did your installation on the power chip? the flash cost the same and is an excellent power gainer with future mods, thats what make me love it more each day.

I stay in Klerksdorp did it at a place called Clives, but they did it wrong so I redid it myself it's really simple but the newer ones can even plug in the obd port

Would you say it's worth the purchase buddy? you should pm me your cell number so whenever im in that area we can meetup. And I can always call you for advise etc.
Cheers

Man honestly I won't buy that chip again, my golf has a unichip on(never had an engine light), petrolpower has the engine light once every month or two. I don't know if the OBD2 chip resolves the issue as I have the wire-in one. Flash tuning is the best. I'll pm my num to you. Cheers

Thanks for your num bud,,,ive sent you mine in reply.
Thanks for the advice on the petrolpower,,,I asked Clint why does the enigine light come on and he said:

There are actually 4 settings on the Powerbox. All vehicles react slightly different with regards to the settings and therefore you have the ability of adjusting the jumpers to see what feels best for you. Not all vehicles accept the highest setting due to the engine size. The only reason that the engine management light would come on is that the ECU is picking up a signal that is slightly too strong. On larger size engines this would not be the case.

Id also say go for flash tuning,,,the only thing is I have to book with Trevor and he's so busy and I cant go without my car.

Ok ya on the first jumper setting I never had an engine light, the chip does improve driveability alot and installing is easy especially the obd one. The other settings is just so tempting haha

Back