my first post how can I clean & maintain the beige leather seats

KHSIRAG

hello, I am very pleased to find your forum & join it.

I am an egyptian architect with PHD from Barcelona university 1997 so I also speak spanish.

will I have CX9 GT 08 grey galaxy with beige leather, which I bought 2 years ago new.

my first question is what is the best product to clean the leather seats & keep them in a good condition, & also to clean the dash board, I prefere the mate & natural look
here we have, Meguairs - mothers - lexol - zemol - tannery - tanners preserve & I had searched all the net to deside which is the best but still the subject is not clear for me
second thing, I am not sure I can make this by my self without a professional help, any one here can show us with pics how to clean these leather seats properly.

thanks

Lexol is what I use for the little bit of leather I have.

I suggest heading over to a detailing site like autopia.org and reading up on their how-to's if you're not very familiar with basic cleaning methods. They'll help you learn some new techniques and make your cleaning safer and more efficient.

Use both a cleaner and a protectant. Scrub the cleaner in with a stiff bristled brush made for leather, then wipe off, let dry, and apply the protectant. Wipe off any excess and you should have a nice protective coating that looks great, not greasy.

Lexol is what I use for the little bit of leather I have.

I suggest heading over to a detailing site like autopia.org and reading up on their how-to's if you're not very familiar with basic cleaning methods. They'll help you learn some new techniques and make your cleaning safer and more efficient.

Use both a cleaner and a protectant. Scrub the cleaner in with a stiff bristled brush made for leather, then wipe off, let dry, and apply the protectant. Wipe off any excess and you should have a nice protective coating that looks great, not greasy.

thanks, I had visited the autopia.org & I had seen many videos but it is the fear of the first time. (I dont want to make any irriversable mistakes)

what type of protectant, I dont think lexol has a protectant.

@ Utube, I have seen videos of cleaning the leather seats with steam cleaner after applying one coat of leather cleaner, & I use aleardy one @ home & it is very good but does this works good with leather seats & will this have any bad effects on the leather on the long run

Back