Hypertech Max Energy Sport CAI Update Now Available!

Mazdaspeed3/6 cold air intake update released!
Hypertech has now added support to the Max Energy Sport Power Programmer Part #62003 for the 2007-2009 Mazdaspeed3 and 2006-2007 Mazdaspeed6 for aftermarket cold air intakes. Current owners of the Sport programmer can get the FREE update via the Hypertech Tuner Update Software.

The following cold air intakes are supported:
AEM
CorkSport Short Ram
CP-e Xcel Nano
CP-e Xcel
Injen
K&N Typhoon
MAZDASPEED
Takeda Attack

The Hypertech CAI tuning corrects the mass airflow readings to ensure optimal tuning when running these intakes. We also tested the tune with aftermarket cat-back exhaust systems and made a few minor tweaks to the tuning to ensure full benefit of these bolt-ons.

With the air intake, exhaust, and Hypertech tuning, peak HP jumped 46 HP/44 Ft-Lbs from peak to peak over stock. The high RPM horsepower really holds strong, over 85 HP above stock near redline.

See attached dyno chart.

View attachment 2006-2009_Mazdaspeed_3_6_2 3L_Turbo_CAIandExhaust.pdf

*Note: Your tuner must be programmed back to stock in order to update it.

I finally received my Corksport intake. Just got it installed last night along with the flash update. Wow! Before having these combined mods, I was seeing peak boost in the low 18 psi range and holding boost in the 14's. Now, I'm typically seeing low 19 peaks and holding in the low 17's! (2thumbs) This is per my VEI digital gauge with recall. In both cases, I was running a Forge BPV.

Chris,

Can I presume this update will be compatible with my Cobb SRI ?

Thanks

Fasteract,

Unfortunately, we didn't get to test the Cobb intake before we sold our car. Our tuning will work great with the Cobb intake. The only differences in the options in the Sport programmer for the different intakes is the MAF calibration. I would suggest choosing one of the intake options that is similar to the design of the Cobb unit. The Cp-e or the Corksport options have worked well with the Cobb intake.

Chris

I down loaded the new Hypertech downloads re: the various cold air intakes about about 6 days ago. I have a Cobb SRI...downloaded the CPE Nano first...after about 3 days of driving the long term trim was - 6.3. Tried the CorkSport download and the longterm trim was -1.3 so will be keeping with the Corksport with my Cobb intake, The midrange butt-o-meter reading is a bit better with these new intake changes....top end remains a bit anemic pre and post .

Cobb user here. I choose the CP-nano and the car responded very well without a problem. If any of you guys have a dash hawk post up a couple runs so we can all compare. :)

Per my Scangauge, the AFR is a bit leaner at WOT with the Corksport intake download compared to the CPE Nano...both worked well overall but like the slightly better mpg's with the Corksport.

Chris,

How does a turbo inlet pipe effect the tuning when paired with the above intakes?

The tuning should respond well with a larger turbo inlet pipe. As long as the MAF calibration is correct, the ECU will pick up the additional airflow, and correct the spark and fueling appropriately. You may see a slight increase in boost as well.

Chris@Hypertech; said:
The tuning should respond well with a larger turbo inlet pipe. As long as the MAF calibration is correct, the ECU will pick up the additional airflow, and correct the spark and fueling appropriately. You may see a slight increase in boost as well.

Thanks!

Per my Scangauge, the AFR is a bit leaner at WOT with the Corksport intake download compared to the CPE Nano...both worked well overall but like the slightly better mpg's with the Corksport.

fasteract can you share how you programmed your Scangauge for AFR reading? I have SG II and not sure what vehicle type the MS3 falls under - VPW, PWM, ?? also which bank, which sensor. Any help would be appreciated.

My Scangauge setup must be simpler for the Gen1..my menu of readouts includes "AFR" which I presume is reading off the upstream wideband O2 sensor that comes with the MS3. Have no idea what VPW or PWM is referring to....pressure based vr. mass airflow..? Sorry not much help. Didn't your SG "II" have some insructions online or included with the item if purchased new?

thanks for trying - AFR is not part of the standard SG II items it monitors but there is an additional data sheet (besides the manual) that let's you program other functions like AFR but you need to know your vehicle type and which bank etc - I haven't found any help on line - time to call the scangauge folks directly, I guess.

Last edited:
My Scangauge setup must be simpler for the Gen1..my menu of readouts includes "AFR" which I presume is reading off the upstream wideband O2 sensor that comes with the MS3. Have no idea what VPW or PWM is referring to....pressure based vr. mass airflow..? Sorry not much help. Didn't your SG "II" have some insructions online or included with the item if purchased new?

Have you monitored the MAP on your SG? What is your typical psi range from idle to WOT?

Last edited:
Anyone know why I'd receive a cel: 2187 after about 400km's of driving?

Its an '06 Speed6. Temps last night were not exactly warm either.

I only opted for the Mazdaspeed CAI, WOT restriction and the non-Californian option.

This code usually is for an air intake leak.."too lean" code. See if they need tightening up or there is a connector split. Hope this helps

This code usually is for an air intake leak.."too lean" code. See if they need tightening up or there is a connector split. Hope this helps

I'm going to try a MAF Straightener first.

The only change was the Hypertech Tune and 350km of driving.

Back