How can I change my Mazda CX-9 Cabin Air Filter?

jirathcx9

Does anyone know how to change air cabin filter ?

Can I do by my self , because dealer gonna charge me $100 for that?

The filter costs about $15-$17 each.
It can be replaced in 1 minute.
It is located behind the grove compartment.
Recommend to change it every 10K miles because it gets dirty very quickly depending on where you drive it.

Recommend to change it every 10K miles because it gets dirty very quickly depending on where you drive it.

Is it where the fusebox is? Or do you need to remove screws? And where does one buy the correct filter?

I bought my cabin filter at the dealer.
The cabin filter is located behind the glove box. Open the glove box - the back of the glove box is a removable panel; there are two latches on the top edge of the back of the glove box; pull them toward you and the panel comes with.
the air box where the cabin filter resides is exposed when the glove box rear panel is removed. There is a plastic latch on the left side of the air box that, when pressed, will release the access panel (again - pull it toward you) to the cabin filter. The filter just pulls out.
Piece of cake.

Thanks for the link. I just opened mine yesterday and by golly the filter was filthy. I purcahsed one for $18 including shipping and am anxious to change it as it comes.

Good guidance.

2009 Mazda CX9 - Cabin air filter replacement DIY

The dealer told me it cost $80 to change it - parts and labor. I bought mine TYC filter at www.atozautolights.com for $4.08 each. I ordered 3 of them for a total shipping cost of $6.29. As for how to replace it, it takes 2 minutes. Open the glove box, remove the cover, you will see a white rectangular box. Push on the latch on the left side to remove the cover from this white box, then you will see the filter. Here's the link to the pictures: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/22uee-where-is-the-cabin-air-filter-on-a-mazda-cx9. Hope this help save you money.

The dealer told me it cost $80 to change it - parts and labor. I bought mine TYC filter at www.atozautolights.com for $4.08 each. I ordered 3 of them for a total shipping cost of $6.29. As for how to replace it, it takes 2 minutes. Open the glove box, remove the cover, you will see a white rectangular box. Push on the latch on the left side to remove the cover from this white box, then you will see the filter. Here's the link to the pictures: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...on-a-mazda-cx9. Hope this help save you money.

Replacing cabin air filter is one of the biggest scams dealers pull on customers "legally".
Their hour rate has to be $75x30=$2250 for doing that because it takes 2 mins and the labor cost is $75 for that 2 mins.
That hour rate is someone's monthly pay....

Dealers suck. And its too bad because they have all the right stuff to build a great brand relationship with the customer, but instead they squeeze and scam every little dime out. Penny-wise, pound foolish.

Following up to this post: ceric - you mention it should be changed @ 10k miles. My manual recommends changing this after 25k miles or 2 yrs. Is it excessive to change it at 10k?

Nope!

I changed mine every 15K miles and it is filthy dirty and ready to be replaced. Why the owner's manual states replacing every 25K miles is insane. For the ease and affordability of changing the filter, I do not think is over kill to do the 10-15K interval and have some nice fresh clean air flowing through the cabin when windows are rolled up.

I change mine every 6 months--lots of dust here in ABQ. For just $13 delivered, it's worth it. Especially since it's so easy. Changing the cabin filter in my Cadillac STS is a PITA.

Changed mine this morning and it was filthy at 16K. I'll try to post a comparison pic later. It took longer to take the crap out of the glove box than to change the filter. Super easy.

Latest posts

Back