gas pedal doesn't depress all the way

skrink

:
2007 CX-9
Greetings-

I bought my 2007 CX-9 last October and just within the last few days the gas pedal won't depress all the way - either with the engine running or off. That is until today, and now it's functioning normally again. I did utilize the AWD last weekend for the first time. We had some real muddy, snowy slop on some backroads and the AWD seemed to perform admirably. The next day when accelerating to get back onto the highway, I noticed that the pedal wouldn't depress all the way, almost as if there was something under it. Has anyone else ever experienced this or possibly know what would cause it?

Thanks for your time,
skrinky

No.
First time I heard this on a CX9.
I guess there is nothing behind the gas padel, correct?
Take it to the dealer, them.

No there's nothing behind the pedal.

I'm thinking that it has to do with the linkage between the pedal and the carburetor. I was just curious as to whether or not anyone else had experienced this with the x-9. I have to think that if it is getting stuck intermittenly when being depressed then it may have the potential to stick on the way back up as well.

I have to get the heater fixed (squeaking belt or motor) as well as the 12 volt outlet in the middle console, so I'll have them look at it. But as you know, if the problem isn't occurring at the time of servicing, then they probably won't do anything about it.

Throttle cable is non-existent in our CX-9s. They are drive by wire. So if there is a problem with your pedal hanging up, its going to be in the pedal assembly, if nothing is on its path on the backside like ceric mentioned.

Back