Door Panel Removal

SteveG66

Anyone remove one of the front door panels (driver side)?? When the window is open and we shut the door you can hear the window rattle in the track.

My wifes 07', it was once before and repaired under warranty. Ended up being a screw fell out but was repaired under warranty. The warranty is up and it should be a simple repair, I hope. Just need to figure out how to pull the panel off without causing more damage.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Steve

Send me a PM with e-mail address.
I will send you the associated pages of instructions.

It is actually very simple w/o them, if you are
"brave" enough....

Hi guys I'm just trying to remove the piano black pieces of trim (or wood grain) top and bottom from the front doors, anyone know how? Ceric has kindly sent me a page on door trim removal but it doesn't seem to detail how to remove these two pieces of trim.

Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think those trim pieces come off, I believe they are part of the door panel.

Take the panel off first. I believe they are installed with tabs that have to be removed from the inside, like the ones on the center console.

That would be my interpretation also from looking at the workshop pages.
i.e. take the panel off, remove it from inside the panel.
Once you remove the panel, it will become clear to you.

OK, thanks for all your help. Yes the door panel does have to be removed and the trim is attached by screws from the back. So here's what i've been doing, it won't be to everyones taste but the piano black was always dusty or smeared by fingerprints so i brought some "carbon fibre" vinyl from ebay and covered the bits of trim in question. I quite like the "technical" look and unless you know what you're looking for you can see it's different but not exactly how.

Attachments

• IMG00047-20100405-1615.jpg
    IMG00047-20100405-1615.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG00048-20100405-1615.jpg
    IMG00048-20100405-1615.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG00049-20100405-1616.jpg
    IMG00049-20100405-1616.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 529
By the way, dude. Your steering wheel is on the wrong side. You may want to take it in and have that fixed.

Looks to be OK to me !!

I've seen that carbon fibre look done on some other cars and I was not impressed, they went a little crazy with the stuff, however this one seems to look better than I expected - not 'over' done.

Cheers

I'm looking to cover the painted silver trims that scuff easily with either silver or gloss black vinyl. We'll see. Do those silver trims just pop off? doors and center console?

Back