Blow-thru Maf?

zinger002

:
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6
Well, seeing as i have a new intercooler on the way, i was thinking about relocating the maf to about 5-6 inches before the throttle body, since mazda seemed to already think of this and leave an extra foot of cord for the maf haha.

Has anyone Ever successfully tried this?
i know the drawbacks but am still unclear as to the real benifits. And to me this would be a tuning issue because the readings from the maf would be different and need to be adjusted for.

any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

and MAF and Blow Through got me nothing of use so i made a new post. If your getting angry because now its a repost, grow up.

what are you using for tuning.

Blow thru setup are way more accurate than draw thru setups. there is only one perosn i know of that is running a blow thru setup.Ate baller.......everyone else seems scared to run it. even thos its better.

you will need something to tune with as you would need to adjust the tune. but blow thru is better

i would love some feed back on this also. i know of one guy on MSF that is running this setup with success and he is tuning with ECUedit (or at least thats what i thinks its called). i have been wanting to try this but i have no funds incase anything goes wrong.

im going to pick up another maf i think so that i can keep the intake air sensor where it is. Might take some fancy wiring lol but i think its possible.

I have a cobb access port right now, but i can get a cpe if need be.

i kinda need to figure out if i should add a maf housing to my soon to be DIY fmic setup which will be going on this weekend.

Just move the whole maf to the blow thru position. You will get more accurate air temp readings going into the motor that way. That's one of the benefits of blowqthru setups.

Where ever you place the maf...be sure that it hasa a 6-8 inch str8 section pre and post maf.

If not u stand an increased chance of getting wash/turbulence which can cause hesitation between shift and in situations of quick accel ansd decel

What about using my SRI's maf housing? With the air flow straighteners? Would that help the situation? Would the raised temps not mess with how the ecu calculates the flow?

im really contemplating doing this because the benifits are a little higher then the potential problems. I know i would have to do some scaling of the maf tables to get the a/f right, but the car has a stock wideband according to the massive manual a friend was able to dig up so i figure tuning based off of the dash hawks afr readings should be fairly accurate.

What about using my SRI's maf housing? With the air flow straighteners? Would that help the situation? Would the raised temps not mess with how the ecu calculates the flow?

im really contemplating doing this because the benifits are a little higher then the potential problems. I know i would have to do some scaling of the maf tables to get the a/f right, but the car has a stock wideband according to the massive manual a friend was able to dig up so i figure tuning based off of the dash hawks afr readings should be fairly accurate.

the temp will actually help the car run better and calculate better because it would be getting the pressure side temps, and nott the pre-pressure temps.

the str8ners, arent necessary if you keep the str8 sections before and after the MAF correct

ATE Baller is using str8ners, so thats up to u honestly

What tables in the ECU need to be modified running blow through? Can the stock MAF sensor handle the air flow blasting through it?

you will just have to calibrate the maf, that is all. ateballer seems to be running blow thru just fine with the stock maf. i have pondered doing this as well, but money is tight.

I talked to ate and he is also not running the stock turbo, which is why i have not made the switch. I have left the space and have the parts but the leaky stock turbo is the one reason why i have not done the change yet. Messing up the maf with oil is not something i do not want to be dealing with right now.

I didn't ask him what he is tuning with.

Just move the whole maf to the blow thru position. You will get more accurate air temp readings going into the motor that way. That's one of the benefits of blowqthru setups.

Where ever you place the maf...be sure that it hasa a 6-8 inch str8 section pre and post maf.

If not u stand an increased chance of getting wash/turbulence which can cause hesitation between shift and in situations of quick accel ansd decel

NY, are you doing to try this set up? I am very tempted to do this with my cpe fmic, but as you point out, I don't think I have enough room pre & post MAF to do it. Something would have to move. The only thing I'm thinking that would work is if I had a custom pipe bent going to the TB, and had the BOV flange moved further away from the TB. I guess it could be done without too much trouble.... not sure what other hiccups I'd encounter with the cpe... pipes are only 2.25" wide.

Yeah, my custom fmic has 2.5 pipes and i have from the tb all the way to the opening in the far right of the engine bay.

Looks like you need 3" piping before the MAF sensor. This is what I will do. Change the L pipe coming up from the drivers side to a 3". Using a 2.5-3" recucer. Then tie that in to a 3" maf housing. But I need to somehow get a bov to fit in before it. I wonder if it matters exactly where the bov is?? Can it be before the intercooler?

let me know how it works, and i will let you know how awesome my (soon to be ordered by the shop) rims will fit :)

Back