Windshield wipers Rain sensor to intermittent

xarthan

Anyone know if you can change the rain sensor to intermittent?

Daytime they work alright, night time not so much. Always there's like too water on the windshield and I have to manually wipe it. Getting kinda annoying.

Anyone know if you can change the rain sensor to intermittent?

Daytime they work alright, night time not so much. Always there's like too water on the windshield and I have to manually wipe it. Getting kinda annoying.

Well, the setting is either on, intermittent or automatic.

There is a sensitivity setting for rain sensor mode and the way to set it is right in the user manual. Open the book or download the manual from the Mazda Owners site.

Well, the setting is either on, intermittent or automatic.

There is a sensitivity setting for rain sensor mode and the way to set it is right in the user manual. Open the book or download the manual from the Mazda Owners site.

er what? I don't have an intermittent mode.

Manual - Off - Auto (Rain Sensor) - Low - High is what i see.

yeah my rain senor sensitivity is on high already and it don't work well at night, hence my original posting.

There is no intermittent mode with Auto Rain-sensing.

Make sure you turn the sensitivity adjuster downward (+) to make it more sensitive.
However, I found the difference is really not that much.

Anyhow, I am happy with mine. I actually leave it in the middle position.

There is no intermittent mode with Auto Rain-sensing.

Yes, I was wondering if there was some way to modify the rain mode so it can be Intermittent instead :)

and i just saw I ment to post this in electronics, not engine -_-

Last edited:
use rain x. I had the rain sensing wipers on my BMW, they worked awesome with rain x. I recommend you do the same.

use rain x. I had the rain sensing wipers on my BMW, they worked awesome with rain x. I recommend you do the same.

I could not clean my Rain-X treated windows and mirrors without substantial streaking; so when I saw an ad for a new glass cleaner, Invisible Glass, I bought it in the spray bottle (approx. $7). Works just like Rain-X, but it absolutely does not streak like Rain-X does.

i just tried rainx and WOW such a huge difference, can't belive I forgot about it. I had it on the previous car. Now I have it on the lowest setting and it's like having it on the highest setting without rainx, just gotta test it at night now.

Back