2010 Mazda 3 power window fix

solid_snake2x

Contributor
:
mazda, protege ES
Last week I left my lights on on my car for such a long time that my battery died. After I jumped start the car my driver side window that has the auto button to go up and down stopped working it wouldn't go auto up or auto down unless I held the button. Yesterday I went to get my oil changed at the dealer and I asked them to fix it. Well they were nice to show me how to.

Step 1 - Turn the vehicle on
Step 2 - Hold the AUTO window button down until the window is all the way down and hold the button for at least 5 sec.
Step 3 - Hold the AUTO window button up until the window is completely closed and hold the button for at least 5 sec.
Step 4 - Now enjoy your window should be back to normal.(cabpatch)

Last week I left my lights on on my car for such a long time that my battery died. After I jumped start the car my driver side window that has the auto button to go up and down stopped working it wouldn't go auto up or auto down unless I held the button. Yesterday I went to get my oil changed at the dealer and I asked them to fix it. Well they were nice to show me how to.

Step 1 - Turn the vehicle on
Step 2 - Hold the AUTO window button down until the window is all the way down and hold the button for at least 5 sec.
Step 3 - Hold the AUTO window button up until the window is completely closed and hold the button for at least 5 sec.
Step 4 - Now enjoy your window should be back to normal.(cabpatch)

I did that and the auto light on the driver's side front window is still on but the window is fixed!!! LOL

You don't even have to put the window the whole way down. Just a few inches and then travel it back up and hold until you feel/hear the click. It's the same for all of the Auto Power Windows.

It is amazing that reading a manual sometimes helps, the shop manual for the 10 MS3 is availiable, and I have one.

Latest posts

Back