Front badge removal tip

:
06 LS MS6
07 BM GT (shell has been struck from the roll)
Be patient, be nice to the clips, they are incredibally delicate.

free one clip at a time, and keep it from reengaging with little helpers, ring terminals work well for this

pick a color you like the first time, so you don;t get good at removal, like me

Attachments

• emblem removal.jpg
    emblem removal.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,614
  • emblem cracked.jpg
    emblem cracked.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,000
I did mine for the first time a couple weeks ago. Since I read up on numerous threads prior to taking the emblem off, I felt pretty comfortable doing it. I took my time and used a little flathead screwdriver to help me. But for the most part, I used my fingers to unlatch the clips. All the clips stayed in tact. The rear was cake, too.

Pics of mine:

od5.jpg

od6.jpg

what was your prep? did you sand or prime? i did my own too but the rocks chip my paint on the front emblem.. i guess i should expect that? i also thought that if i repaint it the paint will not be even so is there any paint remover that wont melt the plastic

Don't know if you're addressing the OP or not, but I sanded mine. I didn't feel like doing the entire bleach process. We'll see how this method holds up. I sanded them down until they were pretty rough (used 320 grit). Put three coats of primer and then three coats of paint. I tried clearcoat, but the end result was too shiny so I stripped everything off and restarted the process.

Last edited:
I originally did mine without clear hank, but after a few months the paint had chipped severely. I ended up ordering the set from s.....unit.com and they have held up for about 8 months with no chipping. They have been cleared however.

Yeah...my fear was chipping since I decided to leave the clearcoat off. I still have a good amount of primer, paint, and clearcoat so if they start chipping badly, then I'll just redo them.

Maybe I'll get a flat clearcoat so it isn't so shiny.

what was your prep? did you sand or prime? i did my own too but the rocks chip my paint on the front emblem.. i guess i should expect that? i also thought that if i repaint it the paint will not be even so is there any paint remover that wont melt the plastic

scotchbrite, and aircraft wax remover is a nice prep for this

First time trying this out myself. Any recomendations on what paint and primer to use? Also plan on doing all my chrome outer piece like this (mazda3 emblem, and 2.3 emblem) are they just as easy to remove?

With painting it did u guys have primer down then the paint won't run use qhen i tried to paint mine white it keeps running on me the paint

Back