All Weather Floor Mats

I know this has been discussed and discussed, but...

Are the Mazda All Weather Mats the only 2nd and 3rd row mats with the cut out for the sliding 2nd row? I'm going to be sliding the 2nd row almost daily. Does stuff get stuck down in these slots?

I really like the WeatherTech floor mats or the Lloyd Rubbertite Rubber floor mats, but they don't appear to have the cut out. Although I plan to order one of these for the front.

Help! Have a new CX-9 GT 2010. Loving it!

Mud, snow and muck = Fun, but really need something to protect the floors.

I'm pretty sure the Weathertech floor liners are designed to allow the second row to slide. I only have the front row and cargo liner as I am still looking for something to cover the second row by itself, not the third row as well.

I know this has been discussed and discussed, but...

Are the Mazda All Weather Mats the only 2nd and 3rd row mats with the cut out for the sliding 2nd row? I'm going to be sliding the 2nd row almost daily. Does stuff get stuck down in these slots?

I really like the WeatherTech floor mats or the Lloyd Rubbertite Rubber floor mats, but they don't appear to have the cut out. Although I plan to order one of these for the front.

Help! Have a new CX-9 GT 2010. Loving it!

Mud, snow and muck = Fun, but really need something to protect the floors.

The Mazda All Weathers are great. They allow for everything to slide and they tuck into the rails making for a nice tight fit. I'm a fan!

The Mazda All Weathers definitely get an A+ for compatibility. They fit fine and everything slides. They are not the easiest to install...they have tabs to force under the seat tracks that are probably 4x as thick as the tabs on the Mazda carpeted mats. Getting them all in place takes longer than it should. Makes you want to leave the mats in rather than remove them when vacuuming. The mats also probably get a B- for ruggedness. They are relatively low profile and don't retain nearly as much water and dirt as others I've seen.

I was at Ourisman Mazda in Laurel Maryland yesterday and noticed that they were selling their all waether mats for $51 for the fron and $71 for the rear set.

Weather Tech Mats

Its been raining and muddy here for the last few days, and I believe the photo will show the best reason to have "high capacity" mats. I put them throughout my Sport, and the amount of fine dirt that is not getting to my carpets is amazing. I think I paid about 190 bucks for the McNeil's. I would do it again. The Weather Tech mats allow for complete sliding of second row. I slide my second row completely forward every Sunday to carry cargo. I haven't had anything get down in the track, however, we have no children at home.

Attachments

• tech 001.JPG
    tech 001.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 705
  • tech 002.JPG
    tech 002.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
We have the Mazda all weathers for our CX9 and like others have said they (1) fit very well, allow sliding, are easy to clean (2) are a bit difficult to install, but my wife put ours in, so it can be done by anyone :). I just leave them in all the time, even now in the summer, because we have two young kids that like to drop stuff on the floor. The tracks do catch some dirt and stuff, but it hasn't caused an issue yet as far as seat functionality. I try to vacuum them out, but it's not easy. There is another thread with ideas on how to clean the tracks...I need to take a look at that again next time I do a detailed clean/wax.

I've had the fronts for several months, and recently purchased the complete rear set. I'm satisfied with the product, just the pricing is a bit high. Which is why I found a good used rear set off ebay. I agree that the rear are somewhat difficult to install the thick tabs into the rail, but overall they are so much more easier to install than the carpeted mats because of the tabs and velcro on the carpet mats. Rails slide perfectly with the all weaters.

For anyone that has the WeatherTech mats, did you go with the standard all-weather mats, or did you get the DigitalFit package? Also, does anyone have the "behind second row" mat? How hard is it to put up the 3rd row if need be. We normally have a 50/50 chance of having the 3rd row up or down. It all depends on what we have in the back, and I would like full coverage of the cargo area, but no sure how much of a pain it is to put the third row up if need be.

Hello, I bought a month ago the WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit #44153-1-2W package for all 3 rows. They look and fit perfect!

They come in a 3 pieces package. 2 for the front (left and right) and a 3th piece that is for the second and third row. For installing the last one, you should start to put the mat from the left side to the right side of the second row. After you put the third row from right to left. It is very simple. The amazing is that they fit perfect to all seat tracks and corners!!

Resurrecting an old thread - just picked up the WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit for the front and 2nd and 3rd row. I haven't done the install since the weather doesn't call for it yet.

One thing that I noticed is that the second and third row piece has no fastener so it seems like it will be free floating. Any comments on whether this causes issues? I've got three rugrats that I'm trying to keep the car "safe" from. Do the OEM mats fasten to the floor much like the stock carpet?

Thanks,
Mark

Do the OEM mats fasten to the floor much like the stock carpet?

Thanks,
Mark

I assume you are asking about the OEM All Weather mats. I have them and the 2nd and 3rd row mats all have special "edges" the tuck nicely under the seat tracks and hold the mats in place. this is the first time I've seen such a design. It's pretty ingenious and it took me a little bit before I realized I had to "wedge" these special edges under the plastic track edges.

I had to silicone reinforce the underside of my driver side Mazda all weather mat, using both cardboard and silicone. The Mazda all weather mats look nice, but the rubber is not constructed well, it does not last for more than 2 or 3 years. If you are going to buy, I would suggest Weathertech. Their stuff is the best.

After reading this thread, decided to get the WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. They are perfect!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 337
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 312
I have an extra set of OEM all weather mats that I just need to take a picture of and post in the f/s section if anyone is interested. They are brand new.

Back