Please be gentle, car noobie here

gvblake22

Hi folks. I'll be looking to buy my first car within the next year and I'm very excited for the USA Mazda 2 release as it seems to be a perfect fit for what I'm looking for. Problem is, I don't know squat about cars so I'll be scouring these forums for thoughts and advice about prettymuch everything.

I see you guys do a lot of modding on your cars. So far I've seen some great work and I've only scratched the surface. Like I said before, I don't know squat about cars, but I love modding. I do with computers what you guys do with your cars. You can check out my case mod projects in the links below:
Anyway, just wanted to give a quick shout out and warn everyone that you'll probably see me posting very "noobish" type questions about all kinds of things. I thank you all in advance for being gentle and helping me learn more about cars. I'll even trade you computer advice for car advice! (drinks)

hello, and welcome to the forums!

are askin for advice about the mazda 2, or just cars in general?

what questions do you have exactly?

also, i don't know how often people visit this part of the forum but if its basic information your lookin for it can be found in 'stickies' in several different threads about different makes threw out the forums.

wow, if you can transfer those skillz making them cases to your mazda 2 it will be awesome!
welcome!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I don't have any specific questions just yet, still in the information gathering stage of things. This was more of just an introduction and a warning that I'll be sure to post something when I do think of questions. haha

And yes, I plan on browsing through the stickies and posts in the other forum sections as well. There is obviously a lot of great information and talented people in this community so I want to try and soak in as much as possible before I start repeating questions that have already been answered. You know the drill: search, search, search!

Thanks for posting up. This will be a learning experience for quite a few people and the Mazda 2.

I cant wait to get an order in for the car when they set it up in the system for dealers.

-Derrick

corksport's gonna get a M2. thats awesome. if i end up with one you can count on me grabbin up and intake. oh, and please make lowering springs and engine management.

corksport's gonna get a M2. thats awesome. if i end up with one you can count on me grabbin up and intake. oh, and please make lowering springs and engine management.

I plan on going off the deep end with the car. Jason will have a mountain of new product ideas from me.

-Derrick

Thanks for the welcome CorkSport! It's awesome to see so many vendors active in the community they serve. There are a few good vendors like that in the computer modding community, but not to this extent. You guys don't know how good you have it!

Welcome to Mazda Forums, gvblake22...Great intro & responses! (2thumbs)

You definitely DO NOT have to worry about "Newbie" bashing in this Community and if you see or experience it, please PM ME right away and I'll personally take care of it!

Love the case mods...I'll be looking forward to your posts here...Enjoy the forums! :D

I plan on going off the deep end with the car. Jason will have a mountain of new product ideas from me.

-Derrick

(cool) Can't wait to see them! (thumb)

Back