Mazda 2/Demio Performance charts

AN7

Contributor
:
Mazda2 1.5T Sport
Hi there,

I think it will be great if we gather performance charts if anyone have and i will make the start(i know that vdsracing has one too).

First(upper) Curve is Torque.
Second Curve is Brake Horse power at crank.

Left axle is Nm
Right axle is BHP
Bottom is RPM

Absolute Stock
Power: 107.5 BHP @ 6510 Torque: 132.8Nm @ 4170 RPM
dynoop0.jpg

K&N panel filter - custom group N rear exhaust muffler
Power: 109BHP @ 6595 Torque: 132Nm @ 4175 RPM
scan0003wl1.jpg

Simota Carbon Charger Intake - custom middle muffler - custom group.N rear muffler
Power: 112.4BHP @ 6555 Torque: 133.4 @ 4260
ps. i had a mixed gasoline 95 and 100octane, so with full 100 octane gasoline the numbers could be a bit better
scan0023c.jpg

Last edited:
Tell me about all exhaust system (header, pipes, dimensions, muffler, cat)

I hope I can get on the dyno when you put the header and adjust the a/f a little

Header and cat are the stock ones.

I changed only the middle and the rear muffler with 45mm diameter

vdsracing has changed the header and the catalyst.

His header is 4-2-1(38 on each cylinder, 42mm the connection of the two cylinders and the end connection of all cylinders is 48mm) with a metallic HJS cat 200cpi 48mm and he keeps this diameter for the middle and the rear muffler.

Header and cat are the stock ones.

I changed only the middle and the rear muffler with 45mm diameter

vdsracing has changed the header and the catalyst.

His header is 4-2-1(38 on each cylinder, 42mm the connection of the two cylinders and the end connection of all cylinders is 48mm) with a metallic HJS cat 200cpi 48mm and he keeps this diameter for the middle and the rear muffler.

A small correction,my exhaust is 48mm until the middle box.The pipe from the middle box to the muffler AND the muffler are 45mm.

My dyno run showed 116hp and 137nm torque if i am not mistaken.
I'll try to post it soon.

This my dyno run I did in summer with high temprature.
BMC DIA induction custom fitted,4-2-1 header,200cpi cat,48mm pipe and unfortunately with the stock muffler(42mm).
Now with a bigger muffler is better.

Put a middle muffler 50mm and try it.
Autoexe and hks also make 50mm mufflers and maybe this setup works.
Try it and keep us informed.
Try to race with a friend before and after in order to know the real gain.

Put a middle muffler 50mm and try it.
Autoexe and hks also make 50mm mufflers and maybe this setup works.
Try it and keep us informed.
Try to race with a friend before and after in order to know the real gain.

I try this setup, but the restriction is so much, I think it was because the middle muffler is only to reduce noise ... delete it and I feeling a real gain...

my rear muffler is dynomax

this muffler has a route in S to help with back pressure

dynomaxSuperTurbo.jpg

Last edited:
Ok matrixx,we're waiting the results!

@sephiroth:These figures are BHP.
The dyno can't give an accurate WHP figure beacuse I guess it is not calibrated well.

Ok matrixx,we're waiting the results!

@sephiroth:These figures are BHP.
The dyno can't give an accurate WHP figure beacuse I guess it is not calibrated well.

BHP and CHP are the same measurement. I suppose it dosen't matter since the EU banned horsepower anyway (drunk)

I am doing my zorst soon and going 50mil from branch to muffler (straight through) also with a decat and downpipe. I mean guys my muffler is a 76mm tip.
What gains can I expect?
Heard by just removing the CAT a person can make 10% more power.
I am also going with mild steel branches as they stay cooler and stainless system.

So basically the Mazda 2 standard kicks 80kw and with every mod you do you just gain 1kw which isn't much.
Anyone have a dyno figure with chip tuned mod ?

It will be interesting to see how the North American models dyno.

We will be working on the Mazda 2 when it is available to develop parts and we will have dyno information available to compare.

-Derrick

Bumping, dynoed mine today and a friend dynoed his right after. (I'm Jessica)

Dyno: Superflow AutoDyn - 30 AWD Dynamometer www.smokeysdyno.com

Mine (black line):
-16,xxx miles
-stock other than an aftermarket muffler from a E92 BMW (big piping, a little bigger than 2" but I don't really remember, pretty much almost straight thru muffler, one inlet 2 outlets)

His (red line):
-9,xxx miles
-totally stock everything

Charts:

Comparison.jpg

AFs.jpg

(holy rich!)

I don't know why the first graph doesn't look like either crested 90hp but on our individual printouts it had peak HP/TQ, and that's what is written next to our names.

Last edited:
Also: I swapped back to stock tires in the front for the pull. Both cars had stock rims and OEM Toyo tires.

when I had my 2 on the dyno we took the muffler off to see what it would change and we saw exactly the same numbers. I wouldn't necessarily say that you gained HP with your muffler. the fact that you have a lot more miles on your car could make the difference.

Again I am not saying that you gained anything form it, but you didn't really test for it.

I need to try to get my dyno from the shop this weekend.

Back