2010 CX9 Not That Bad

THIS is ugly

Attachments

• 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander.jpg
    2010 Mitsubishi Outlander.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Two 2010 CX9 photos I took from SF AutoShow.

Attachments

• 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    423.9 KB · Views: 445
  • 113.JPG
    113.JPG
    494.6 KB · Views: 469
Two more.

In general, I like the new front, but not the new rear end.
Love the new interior update.
Not sure about the new leather. It feels good, but will it last?

Mitsubishi? There was a time last year when people did not think they will survive,
but apparently they did.

Attachments

• 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    530.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 109.JPG
    109.JPG
    539.3 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
I dont' mind what they've done with the lower grille, but i dont' like the change in the headlights and the change in the top grille. It sits flush with the bumper, whereas in the series 1 cars, the black mesh sits further back inside the bumper

Making a thread on a cx-9 forum appearance to criticize other car brands?
First That doesn`t belong here. Hopefully the mods will put it where it belongs.
Second Thats like making fun of other brands (on a single human opinion) cause others mock the appeareance of your brand, (mazda)
Its like for little kids.
And I`m positive that the buyer of the cx-9 is not that inmature.

If u like the smiley face, then good for you, cause maybe then another mazda will be in your garage.! But the way this thread started with that photo and that statement, just showed your way of dealing with criticism and its not a good one.

As for the interior sucks, on the contrary, its vastly improved.

Perhaps the most significant update, or at least the one that will resonate most strongly with potential buyers, is the upgraded cabin. A quick glance around reveals much time and attention to detail went into sprucing up the joint. The previous Outlander's huge tracts of plastic are now covered with beautiful, thick-stitched leather. Sure, the glove box door is still a flimsy piece of low grade plastic, but it now looks beautiful. Ditto for the rest of the cabin, and especially the cowhide shroud atop the instrument cluster. We also need to send a shout out to those hefty aluminum pedals. The magnesium column-mounted paddles shifters, too. Long story short, and to quote Mitsubishi's PR folks, the "Outlander has gone upscale."

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/20/first-drive-2010-mitsubishi-outlander-gt-is-a-cuv-we-can-live-w/

The Outlander grille is basically an inverted Audi Q7 grille. Maybe they got a good deal for some Audi leftovers? Mistsubishis do well with the young crowd, I think a lot of them buy a Lancer in hopes that people will mistaken it for an Evo. Maybe that's why the company didn't go under with the last scandal they had.

I do like the features in the 2010 CX-9 much better than what we have on our 2008 model. There are a lot of little details that Mazda seemed to have overlooked in the 2008 model that are now fixed for the 2010.

The 10 CX9 is growing on me. I saw a black one that seems to do a good job making the smiley face a little more subtle.

$100GUY, take a chill pill dude! Its a forum afterall and everyone is entittled to voice their opinion. SportOwner is entittled to his opinion and you are entittled to disagreeing with him. That is the fun factor about being part of a forum...difference in opinions, debates and educating fellow members.

For the record Mitsubishi IS (IMO) far inferior in overall quality when compared to Toyota, Honda, and Mazda. Perhaps in line with Nissan.

Also, I like the overall improvements on the 2010 CX-9 but I cannot get over the ugly smiley face with the frog eyed headlamps...sorry I like my 2007 exterior styling better.

I, too, am not convinced of the front fascia makeover. I do agree that the rest of the vehicle has been improved. I saw and sat in one in November at the Orlando Car Show, and have seen many on the road where I live. The smiley face has NOT grown on me at all!

I think that if we could body-color the grille and take off the satin/silver finish trim, then the gaping mouth may not be so noticeable.

Here's a side by side comparison of my 08 GT AWD 32,000 miles which was traded in or a new 10 GT AWD. I wasn't overwhelmed by the revised front but this 10 has some nice upgrades over the 08 like in-dash GPS, rear view camera, new sand and black interior and best of all bigger brakes. I also got it with Yokohama Prada Spec-X tires.

Attachments

• 08 vs 10 CX-9 Reduced.JPG
    08 vs 10 CX-9 Reduced.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 413
The wife drives it daily but only for a week thus far and says the leather is softer. I went out and checked and it is definitely softer but does not appear to be any heavier. One thing for sure, it is built tighter and the quality is a touch better. We really liked the 08 and it was a quality vehicle but this one seems a little better. Its hard to close the doors since it so air tight but I'm sure that will change.

SportOwner, when are you guys planning on trading? Perhaps you should wait to see if the new 2011 or 2012 (if you can wait that long) has the new 305HP 3.7L or better yet 3.5L Ecoboost. Just a thought....

If 2011 CX9 comes with EcoBoost, I wil "seriously" consider getting it,
though I usually keep my vehicles for 7 years. Rules are meant to be broken sometimes....

Though I would love to see it happen, I haven't heard anything about ecoboost coming to any Mazda products. Tuning the 3.7L to 300+ HP is definitely doable (Mustang) and probably more likely.

Back