silver trim, replaced once, now wearing

tstex

Guys,

I have a pretty good dealer and they did the right thing when they replaced all the silver trim because it scratched very easily. However, the trim piece that is on the left side of the console, has worn considerably to where there is a 1.5" line on the corner. The line is much lighter silver on the corner than the rest of all the trim; my right knee periodically touches this area.

The trim on the GT 09 was replaced in Aug 09 and this wear was evident by Nov. that is only 3 mo's. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

I really like the CX9, but cosmetically, I have owned other cars for 3-4 yrs before experiencing wear and tear such as this...I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
tstex

Last edited:
I have that issue on my 07 and the dealer and Mazda was giving me a hard time about replacing. Others that had the same problem said don't worry that they aren't replacing it since they had theirs replaced and they are experiencing the same issue again.

I have been very unhappy with the Mazda service in general and don't know if I will every buy one again. We have only 20k miles on our Mazda and one of the 20 inch wheels is bubbling inside the clearcoat. I have pressed this issue for months with no luck. Finally contacted Mazda directly and they said they will investigate and get back with me, but after two months of waiting I still have never received a call.

my 08 does the same thing. I am going to just pop out the pieces and repaint them. Factory didn't even put clear over the silver trim, probably the worst paint job I've ever seen by anybody. I do model painting and my acrylic model paint dont even scratch off that bad. All I'm concerned about is wether a gloss clear would look okay versus factory's semi-gloss finish. I'll post pics when I paint them.

All I'm concerned about is wether a gloss clear would look okay versus factory's semi-gloss finish. I'll post pics when I paint them.

Have you painted them yet 2008GT? I'm thinking of doing the same thing and would appreciate if you could post pics of your work.

Cheers,
TTubrag.

I'm sitting in the dealer waiting room right now to program a 2nd advanced key, put in new blower relays, and replace the door trim. According to TSB 09-033/08 "Paint Peeling From Armrest Garnish" , Mazda states "As a mass-production change, the paint has been modified" So what people are saying on this thread is that the replacement garnish is no better?

Back