CorkSport Power Series Exhaust for the 2004-2009 Mazda 3 Exhaust

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
We get questions from time to time about our various products so I will be posting up information weekly about our CorkSport brand parts.

Axe-6-109.jpg

This exhaust fits the 2004-2009 Mazda 3 . Here are a few video clips of the without the optional high flow catalyst installed. The car shown is a 2008 2.3 Automatic.

Driving Away Video Clip

Revving Up Video Clip

Idling Video Clip

The CorkSport Mazda 3 exhaust is constructed from polished 304 SS and is TIG welded. We use flange connections for the installation for the junctions of our exhaust. The options available for the exhaust are PZEV and a high flow catalyst. The PZEV means there is an extra O2 sensor bung in the exhaust system for the catalyst monitor. The high flow catalyst option includes a metal substrate catalyst to replace the factory second catalyst which is removed with the installation of our exhaust.

-Derrick

Last edited:
We are working on an intake for the 04-09 non turbo model Mazda 3s. We will post up on the forums here when we get closer to the release date for them.

-Derrick

I may be interested in that set up Derrick. Heard the video, like the price, would sound great on my 09 auto. Just have to wait until my cash comes back from teh goverment. I'll pm, in a few weeks about the exhaust.

I have an 05 mazda 3 hatch, non turbo, and ive been hearing the corksport is the way to go, and i was wondering if thatd fit my car? And is there anywhere else online I can purchase your exhaust system, ima discount shopper lol, and also is there a difference between the model for auto and manual, ive got a 5 speed stick fyi

Last edited:
I have an 05 mazda 3 hatch, non turbo, and ive been hearing the corksport is the way to go, and i was wondering if thatd fit my car? And is there anywhere else online I can purchase your exhaust system, ima discount shopper lol, and also is there a difference between the model for auto and manual, ive got a 5 speed stick fyi

Yes the exhaust will fit your car. We are the only place to purchase the CorkSport exhaust in the US. There is no difference for the exhausts between the manual and automatic models.

-Derrick

My friends and I were talking about exhausts and the different types and everything.....

Does this exhaust go from the headers and how does a connection from a speed and a non-speed differ from one another.Like is there another inlet pipe for the turbo b/c my VW friend had to make her own when she prototyped her rabbit.

Do I have to cut any piping on the stock exhaust?

And also does this exhaust go from the connection(like @ headers), to resi ,to cat, to downpipe? Or cat to resi?

My friends and I were talking about exhausts and the different types and everything.....

Does this exhaust go from the headers and how does a connection from a speed and a non-speed differ from one another.Like is there another inlet pipe for the turbo b/c my VW friend had to make her own when she prototyped her rabbit.

And also does this exhaust go from the connection(like @ headers), to resi ,to cat, to downpipe? Or cat to resi?

also how do i know if my car has a PZEV?

The exhaust connects to the stock flange after the primary cat coming off the header,
non pzez afaik have all sensor bungs located on the header group opposed to a single sensor bung located further back by the secondary cat,
umm yeah no matter what exhaust you install cutting the "stock" exhaust to easily get it out is a must imo (right before the rear suspension framework group),
this is pretty much a 2 hour install depending upon how much time it is going to take you to break exhaust nuts free (amount of corrosion),

there is no fabing require, it fits perfectly, it was made for this specific application mazda sedan", but it comes as a 3 piece not as a 2 pc, you will get a test pipe standard and have to pay extra for a high flow cat that goes in it's place, or you could be really cheap and just have the stock secondary welded up with flanges and install that, kind of defeats the whole purpose though...I kept my stock exhaust, boxed it up and store it in my attic, comes time to revert the exhuast to trade it in all I have to do is have flanges welded and bolt it back on.

Had it on my car for 8 months, sounds good, good flow, little power gain, high qaulity materail and workmanship no issues what so ever and no cels,

This is for the n/a sedan, they make versions for n/a hatches and speed hatches.

Do you have any in cabin videos of the Mazda 3 with the Corksport exhaust (stock 2.3)? I love the sound of the Corksport from the outside, but i want to hear it from the inside as well!

I just really dont want to invest into an exhaust that will annoy me at consistent RPM'S such as country/highway driving! Not saying the Corksport will, I just want to make sure as I potentially can be traveling a lot!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you have any in cabin videos of the Mazda 3 with the Corksport exhaust (stock 2.3)? I love the sound of the Corksport from the outside, but i want to hear it from the inside as well!

I just really dont want to invest into an exhaust that will annoy me at consistent RPM'S such as country/highway driving! Not saying the Corksport will, I just want to make sure as I potentially can be traveling a lot!

Thanks!

I dont have any in the cab video clips available for the Mazda 3 exhaust system. If we get a car in for an install I will see about getting some taken.

-Derrick

Besides crawling under the car and looking, is their a quicker way to find this out? I mean, is it stamped anywhere inside the door or under the hood or in the owners manual?

It really doesnt matter on our exhausts now as we have made a change. All of the Mazda 3 exhausts come with the O2 bung now and a plug. If you need the extra location simple remove the screw in plug and put your O2 sensor in. If you do not need it leave the plug in.

-Derrick

Back