SRI Install

ZPrice

:
2010 Liquid Silver Mazdaspeed3
Got the Corksport SRI on Thursday and went at it today. As I (and father) are newbies to this, I thought this would take forever. The write up that came with the unit was fantastic, the steps were perfect. The only issue I saw was the photos, some close in pictures would have helped a little.

We actually made a BPV and SS plate change at the same time, went to auto store for Silicone spray and Wendy's for lunch. All in just over two hours.

Looks great and sounds great, additional (thumb). Had issues getting the unit but Derek and Corksport stepped up and she's in. Also, want to thank Corksport for the black pipe, looks good.

Install Photo
sltru8.jpg

Last edited:
glad it all worked out for you. i knew you would like it.
on deck, try out their test pipe or cbe, promise u will def like em

Found online:

"Hey Corky I did some more researchin' and it appears with just an CS SRI system it puts out less hp and tq at low range (1600~ 2750 rpm). Also the power comes in late, 1600rpm (stock) vs 1700 rpm (intake). There's massive torque loss@ 2500rpm, 200tq (stock) vs 175 (intake), though I see great benefits from mid to high range with the intake. With the CS racepipe added it gets power gain at all range, even at very low rpms and power comes in starting at 1400rpm. I would need racepipe. do u agree? "

mctwist, i can tell you without a doubt that person is comp wrong about the sri. I wonder, does he attemp to support his claim with a dyno graph at all?

Anyone who has access to a dyno throughout their entire mod process also knows that this persons claim is bogus of a loss of 25ft/lbs of tq b/c of an intake.
The places in which ppl (bolt on tuners) can expect to see early tq drop and latent hp gains due there of, is typically in the exhaust systems when playing with header/dp/cats/cbe etc combo's. Typically even in exhaust where the most tq loss is found typically, its a minimal 10-15ft/lbs tq, there again depending on application and vehicle. But that goes into theory and i wont bore the forum members with that abuse here.

You guys can look at our intake, racepipe and downpipe graphs here:

http://www.corksport.com/blog/staged-dyno-results-for-2010-mazdaspeed3/

The is a slight drop in torque at the low end off of stock with the intake. The 25 ft lb number the guy mentioned on our youtube page was innacurate.

The racepipe gains all of that low end torque back and adds massive amounts above and beyond.

Zach, glad you got it installed well!! And yes, you can remove that bracket.

Jason

Last edited:
Back