How Long Have Your Brake Pads Lasted?

Hazenvagen

:
Mazda CX-9 2008 GT
I've got 35+K mi. and still on the OE brakes. Mostly highway mileage. Haven't really checked to see how much pad I've got left front or rear.
What's been your experience so far?
Thanks!
2008 CX-9 GT
Copper Red

Last edited:
I took a good look at my pads in NOV for my '07 purchased SEP 07 and they were getting lowish. Especially the rear. I will be replacing rotors and pads all the way around; only the rear rotors are warped. I am going to buy Cetric rotors and pads around. If memory serves me right I am looking around $300 for parts.

We have a 2008 CX-9 at 44K miles and the front brakes just started to squeak bad. Went to AutoZone today and bought some ceramic brake pads. Hoping the process of changing out the pads is fairly standard. I haven't found any photos/videos of CX-9 brakes being worked on, so I guess I'll experiment.

We have a 2008 CX-9 at 44K miles and the front brakes just started to squeak bad. Went to AutoZone today and bought some ceramic brake pads. Hoping the process of changing out the pads is fairly standard. I haven't found any photos/videos of CX-9 brakes being worked on, so I guess I'll experiment.

please post your experience and if possible a DIY

48k..had rotors turned twice..need new rotors and pads. I'm not thinking of OEMS because the rotors cause pulsing sensation while braking. Suggestions?

Thank you,
Craig

48k..had rotors turned twice..need new rotors and pads. I'm not thinking of OEMS because the rotors cause pulsing sensation while braking. Suggestions?

Thank you,
Craig

Craig,

Go with aftermarket parts. Rear rotors are 35ish a piece and fronts are 80 at tirerack. Pads are not that bad either. I went with centric as they are good OEM replacement parts. Two things I can recommend. Cross reference any parts you buy with the manufacturers site. Too many sites are selling wrong parts. Second do a good visual inspection of new rotors. I am dealing with tirerack on a dropped rotor, maybe in shipping. Did not notice untill installed. Had to take pictures and send to tirerack. Still awaiting their decision for replacement.

27K. Mazda inspected the pads and listed them as "good".
You know how much dealers love to replace your pads.
So, "good" means plenty left.

I'm sure a lot of it depends on your driving style and usage. For instance, my commute to work is 20 miles each way; however, 80% of it is 60+MPH, very few stops. Compare that to someone who commutes through heavy traffic and is constantly using their brakes.

Hear Hear, too many here are quick to nullify claims of brake and rotor damage. I drive 60 - 120 miles a day depending upon business needs. Trafic here in DC/Maryland is second to Los Angelos i.e. heavy braking. My front pads barely lasted me 37K if memory serves me right. I had to have a state inspection because I was transferring from lease to buy. They inspeted and gave me the ok for pads, but I changed them immediately afterwards and they were cracker thin.

Mines lasted around 19k miles. More or less.
Mostly city traffic, stop n go, and a few high speed braking.
Replaced them with OEM.

Back