Remote Start Recurring Issue

TurboEagle

:
09 CX-9; 08 Evo
Has anyone had problems with his/her dealer-installed remote start on a CX9? I have had this one fail 4 times, the last time the dealer supposedly replaced the brain. The initial brain, the dealer said, was losing the programming of the two remotes.

I had an aftermarket one a couple of years ago on our Subaru, and that never ever failed. It also only cost $120 installed as opposed to the dealer-installed one.

(yupnope)

Is the one you have OEM? I have found out that even if the dealer installs something it doesn't mean it is OEM.

And these remotes are different then the CX-9 remotes?

The reason I'm asking is because I have remote start on my Yukon. I use the factory remotes but it is an aftermarket product from DEI that ties in with the factory remotes.

Me too. I don't have any issue with Remote Start for over 2 years so far, even though I installed it my self.
What is exactly your problem with Remote Start?

I brought it back to the dealer on Monday, a holiday at that, and I spent 4.5 hrs waiting until they decided to give me a loaner. #$%^&*

Anyway, the tech says one wire was loose (again) and that he repaired it and was on the phone w/ their tech line. For now it's fixed (again) ...

The problem was it would become inoperable and will not respond to the remotes.

I guess remote start is an add on option which means it was not factory installed before delivered to the dealer. It requires a very carefull when install. All tabs need to be firmly closed.

I guess remote start is an add on option which means it was not factory installed before delivered to the dealer. It requires a very carefull when install. All tabs need to be firmly closed.

Mine came from the factory / port installed. The dealer offered to find me a car w/o it and install it in the service department (at a markup). They also suggested I go for an upgraded remote start.

I kindly declined repeatedly.

Back