just bought an MS6..

supracelica32

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
just bought this today, got in for an amazing price so just had to pick it up. it's an 06 Mazdaspeed 6. it has 46k miles on it, it will be a rebuilt title once finished but i'm ok with that. i'll have it the end of next week, gets picked up by the shipping company on monday. really excited to get it and check it out more in person. now, i just need to sell my celica to fix it.
16936809_7X.jpg

16936809_1X.jpg

16936809_2X.jpg

16936809_3X.jpg

16936809_4X.jpg

16936809_5X.jpg

if any of you all have the parts that i am missing, please post up. doesn't matter what color the parts are at all but same color is preferred. and if anyone could tell me the exact color name, that would be great.

Grats on the pickup and good luck with the rebuild. Doesn't look too bad but cross your fingers that the chassis is ok.

Well it doesnt like the bumper took any damage, so the chassis is probably fine. Could have just had a severe panel dents?

Color is Liquid Platinum metallic (paint code 30S). Looks like you got your work cut out for ya fixing that up.

that is one hell of a front end mod....owner before you must have been a honda-guy. good luck with the build. looks just like mine (except with less parts on it ;) )

Grats on the pickup and good luck with the rebuild. Doesn't look too bad but cross your fingers that the chassis is ok.
i know, i'm so hoping nothing is wrong with the chassis. already found that the exterior parts i need are expensive from the dealership but that's a given, lol.
Well it doesnt like the bumper took any damage, so the chassis is probably fine. Could have just had a severe panel dents?
my thoughts exactly. once i get the car, i'll get a carfax on it to figure out why it was wrecked.
also, none of the airbags are deployed. another good sign.
i'm very happy that they didn't, the would be uber expensive.
Color is Liquid Platinum metallic (paint code 30S). Looks like you got your work cut out for ya fixing that up.
thank you. and it's all in a days work. good thing is, my dad has been rebuilding wrecks for a living for a long time so it wont be a problem with him helping me. i'll post up some of our work soon.
that is one hell of a front end mod....owner before you must have been a honda-guy. good luck with the build. looks just like mine (except with less parts on it ;) )

less weight ftw! lol.

the good news if you want to do any mods, now is the perfect time since you don't have to worry about taking all that hassle s*** off.

Might as well get a 3 inch exhaust if your going to get one at all. . . I think what you mean is having a catback is overkill which is true. Its a noise mod . . .

Anyway I would say screw lowering it for now.

I would stick a downpipe in there with the extra room for the engine to move about. Would save you a lot of trouble down the road. All other basic mods are pretty easy except maybe a FMIC but thats an expensive endevour and you have your hands full right now.

Problem with the 3" exhaust is by most accounts, they all drone to some degree. If you can live with that, fine.

Not true. I have the Magnaflow and it doesn't drone at any speed.

Might as well get a 3 inch exhaust if your going to get one at all. . . .

forgive my newb-ness, but isnt a 3" full exhaust overkill on a 4cyl-turbo with dual exhaust? there has to be something said for back pressure...but wtf do i know.

I run a turboback Corksport 80mm power series. If anything I noticed some of the bottom end drop up but I picked up some really sweet gains further up.

forgive my newb-ness, but isnt a 3" full exhaust overkill on a 4cyl-turbo with dual exhaust? there has to be something said for back pressure...but wtf do i know.

Not really. Especially on turbo induced cars you wan't a good exhaust. That is why a full exhaust adds so much power on evo's / sti's / etc. Replacing those restrictive cats. The catback doesn't matter much in terms of power but for the downpipe you definately wan't a 3 inch free flowing design. I have never even seen an aftermarket downpipe smaller than 3 inches regardless.

Looks a crazy project, you need to keep us all updated. Once you start getting the mods going you should open up a new thread.... "The Mazdaspeed resurection, built from the grave" lol

congratulations!

What price you won the auction?

I also bought one, I'm repairing.

Back