OEM Hitch on 2008 Grand Touring

So I followed one of the links to the Mazda parts site as given in another hitch thread here. I like the cleaner look of the Mazda OEM hitch and have no reservations about cutting a clean opening in the rear valence and pretty sure I don't need more than a 1-1/4" receiver. My only pause is the site lists this only for 09-10. Anyone know why this is? Will it work on my 08?

Thanks for the info. My accessories are 1-1/4.

I am surprised they won't sell me an OEM unless I have the prep. Maybe they have a good reason. How can I find out if my vehicle has the prep? I do not have the original window sticker.

The dealer can tell you from the VIN, or open the hood and look at the cooling fans. If each fan has it's own control module, you have towing, and can buy the receiver. The modules are silver with fins and are mounted right on the back of the fan.

You can see the difference in the photos. Left is without, right is with towing.

Hey, is that my pic? I'm going to call the copyright police. (evil)

No fan controller. (sad1)

Can I use someone's VIN to order the OEM hitch? I'll send a six pack of cold beer. No guarantee on the "cold" when it arrives. (thinkbeer)

Maybe I can just order the hitch and tell them its a 2009 GT?

Your CX9 must have at least ONE fan controller.
For CX9 with tow (prep) package, it has TWO fan controllers.

Of course. I meant no second controller per "CX9 SportOwner"s post.

That being said will an OEM 2009-2010 hitch fit on my 2008? I don't care much about electrical, just the metal/structural bolt-up.

I am sure I can find a way to get one.

OK.
Here is mine.
Hidden Hitch - Class-III.

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    433.7 KB · Views: 450

Latest posts

Back