Dead Homelink?

hawkeyehep

:
2008 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring AWD
First post for me: Just bought a 2008 CX-9 GT that came with the auto dimming mirror with Homelink and compass. the auto dimming and compas are working just fine but can not seem to get the Homelink to activate. Downloaded the instructions from Homelink and there just seems to be no poser to the Homelink transmitters. When I push any of the 3 buttons I get nothing- no lights, etc. Tried the "push buttons 1 and 3 for 20 seconds" and got no flahing lights.

Took the car to the local Mazda service and, after an hour they asked me if I had the owner's manual because it would tell me how to program the Homelink. I told them there is nothing in the 2008 owner's manual about Homelink and that the issue was not how to program it but rather that it wasn't working. They told me they would check with Mazda and get back to me. I'm wonder if anyone else has had this issue and wonder if disconnecting the power cord might cause it to re-set? Any help would be appreciated.

That's a new one for me.

Was the mirror added after delivery by the former owner or by the dealership? Sounds broken or not wired correctly.

If there was no light blinking when you press any of the Homelink buttons, I am guessing that the constant 12V wire is loose somehow. Open the left kick panel (near your left ankle) to see if there is any dangling wire. The constant 12V (for Homelink) and switched 12V (for auto-dimming and compass) are both routed there. Make sure both wires are connected tightly.

If there was blinking light when you press any button, then, it is a programming issue.

just my two cents....

Thanks, will check the kick panel. I'm starting to think the homelink may never have been wired because there are only 3 wires going into the back of the mirror. I read somewhere that the homelink always hot 12v wire is supposed to be yellow. I called the previous owner's servicing dealer that was on Carfax and they are checking with the first owner to see if the Homelink ever worked.

There are indeed only three wires in the cable.
- black: ground
- constant 12 (hot 12)
- switch 12
Sorry, I forgot the colors. I installed one myself by following the instructions from Mazda.

The exact mirror, autodimming with Homelink and compass on my Subaru has four wires. I waiting for the crack Mazda local dealer to find an answer. I'm not impressed so far.......

Thanks, I'll take the instructions to the dealer since the car is under warranty. This is a great forum. Looking forward to learning more about my Mazda.

Turned out to be a loose wire - fixed under warranty by the dealer. Thanks for the help, folks.

Back