TPMS issues

balefire

Has anyone experienced TPMS problems when changing their tires? My shop stripped two of my TPMS valve cores when changing to snow tires.

If I had to do it over again, I would get a separate set of rims for my winter tires. From what I hear, the TPMS sensors are very delicate and prone to various types of failure / damage with repeated tire changes.

Has anyone experienced TPMS problems when changing their tires? My shop stripped two of my TPMS valve cores when changing to snow tires.

If I had to do it over again, I would get a separate set of rims for my winter tires. From what I hear, the TPMS sensors are very delicate and prone to various types of failure / damage with repeated tire changes.

That's the exact reason I bought all new tires and rims for my Blizzaks. To prevent the garage monkeys from obliviously pulling out the stems to deflate then change the tire. By now, they should know to look for these on all cars.

I would hold the garage responsible and force them to replace the sensors ($65+ each). They should know this being auto service centers.

They usualy charge higher for mounting tires on wheels with TPMS.
Therefore, they should pay for the replacement of the sensors.

Back