How to remove liftgate interior panel

larryc

I have a rattle coming from inside the lift gate (tailgate.) Dealer tried a few things & replaced a broken clip in the backup camera assembly, but it didn't fix it.

I was thinking I could remove the panel and try finding it myself. Could anyone direct me on how to remove the panel?

Last edited:
Well, color me embarrassed.
I did try the taillight & latch covers but no luck.
I then spent hours trying everything I could think of.... and it turned out to be the 3rd row seatbelts. When I locked them in place, the rattle went away.

Yeah. Those seatbelt buckles are causing lots of noises inside CX9.
This is especially so for the front passanger's.

I am actually thinking about placing a thin foam on the B-pillar where the buckle usually makes contact. The problem is that it will not look good...

I do the same thing

I just hook the belt around the seat bolster. I rarely drive ours alone anyway, so it's not an issue, but that works well.

I test drove a 2010, and noticed the third row belts were not clipped in place, so I secured them just so someone else wouldn't hear that noise and not buy the car.

I do the same type of stuff. Wouldn't want possible Mazda owners to be turned off by some rattle or stupid maladjusted interior trim piece.

Glad to see others looking out for the brand...:)

Back