HID Ballast Location

barks

:
CX-9 Luxury
Hi guys, I'm located in Melbourne Australia, this is a great forum, by the way. Can anyone post a picture of the location of the HID headlight ballast locations in the engine compartment. I am installing after market HID's and am curious where the factory location is. Thanks

I would like to know this too. We just got rid of my wifes Saturn Vue for a 2007 Touring and I was thinking of adding aftermarket HIDs.

I installed my HID ballasts in the open box section that is directly behind each headlight, a perfect fit! I'll post a pic when I can.

What output did you go with and do you have pictures of them on?

I cannot decide between 4500k, 5000k, and 6000k. I do not want a yellow tint, I like the blue tint, but still want the best vision at night.

3000K = Great light output (3400 lumens), Yellow, excellent for bad weather.
4300K = Great light output (3400 lumens), White, best performance
5000K = Great light output (3200 lumens), Pure white, very light blue hue. Light still white on the road
6000K = Good light output (3000 lumens) , intense purple output.
8000K =Good light output (2800 Lumens), intense blue output

I'll post a photo tonight, I went for 6000K, it seems to be a white/bluish light rather than purple. Great vision at night. The first time my wife came for a drive at night she asked me if I had my high beam lights on!

hey barks, can you post some pics of your newly installed HIDs. Thanks a lot.

I just finished mine today

DDM - 5000K (35w)

you have to remove 3 screws from the rad fluid tank on the pass side to get to the low beam headlight assembly

mounted the ballast between the cooler tank and wall
030.jpg

factory halogen in pass.....hid in drivers
014.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Thanks. I went ahead and drill a hole last night :) Inside the hood seems different in the 2010 modle where there's no flat surface I can mount the ballast as shown, so I pick some spot really deep down which I had trouble reaching....

Installed 4300k and looks just like my E90 :)

Back