An "El Cheapo" Tire Thread

Force-1

:
2008 CX-9
This thread will be a bit different, as most folks look to purchase a quality tire to replace the OEM Bridgestone tires. I'm just looking for cheap.

The lease on my CX-9 will end in 11 months. I have about 21,000 miles on the OEM tires. Stopped by Discount Tire today, and the tech said I'm at 75% wear, and will get about another 5,000 miles until I hit the wear bars. I knew I would have to replace the OEM before turning the CX-9 in at lease end. I expect to tack on another 10,000 miles.

I'm looking at the Goodyear Eagle RS-A, which are just $540 mounted. No way I'm putting $200 tires on it, just to turn it in.

On all my prior leased vehicles I purchased high quality rubber within a week of taking the keys, and stored the OEM. I got good use out of better tires, then put the OEM back on a week before I turned the vehicle in. Unfortunately the CX-9 was the first vehicle I could not repeat my standard practice with, due to very limited choice of alternate tires at time of purchase.

I guess I'll go the RS-A route in a few months.

Unless you could find a set from local craigslist, RS-A (H-rated) seems like the way to go. I did find Good-Year Wrangler for $99 only. You might want to search if another $30-40 saving is worth your effort.

The RSA's are the cheapest tire I've seen price-wise. You might be able to find some crap Wanli ones at a a no-name tire shop.

Bridgestone Take-offs

I just bought new Yoko's for my truck. I kept the Bridgestones (only 11,xxx miles on them) and I rotated them twice. $200 for the set, plus shipping. Let me know if you want them. I was going to put them on Craiglslist locally, but I will wait if you think you want them. 245/50/R20's. Great condition.

Back