Rearview mirror upgrade

JD-08 CXy 9

:
2008 CX-9 GT
I was wanting to upgrade my rearview mirror to the one with homelink and autodimmer. I was going to order one off Ebay and do it myself. Does anyone know the part number or if it's the same mirror as those in a Mazda 6 or RX-8? My brother switched his out in his RX-8 and said he thought they were the same. I don't see anywhere on the website any other vehicles it'd fit other than the 6 or RX-8.

Yes, the mirror part is the same from Gentax (actually any Gentax will work - check their website). What is tricky is that you need a specific kit to fit your model and the mirror.
For example, if you have rain sensing wiper, you will need a cover that can accommodate the sensor (at the base of mirror).
See mazdaparts.org's CX9 page for more.
Also, the direct part from Mazda will come with a detailed instruction that is exactly for your CX9.
Otherwise, you will get a generic one, for which you need to find electric tap points by yourself.
(such as constant 12V, switch 12V, etc.)

I was like you. I installed mine by myself with part from mazdaparts.org.
waynemazda.com also have very good price. Compare them.
In short, you will need
- a kit for your model (w/ w/o rain sensing)
- a mirror you want

Last edited:
I second that any Gentex mirror will work. I got one off eBay that had auto dimming with reverse disable, homelink and hidden compass. I think it was from a late model Nissan. Just make sure if you get a used one that you get the connector with a a few inches of wire in case the pin layout isn't the same. Mine wasn't teh same but if you are handy its no problem to splice the pigtail to the Mazda harness that comes with the install kit. Good luck!

..how about 2010 models

...do they come with the self dimming mirror?.....on any models or the GT only?...if so...

Back