tire rotation on 20's - how often?

tstex

Gentlemen,

Happy Holidays!

Is there a general consensus on how often we should rotate our tires?

If so, what driviing conditions or vairables would have an impact on rotating more or less often?

After I get some feedback, I will tell you what the dealer said.

I own a 2009 GT.

Regards,
tstex

the manual states every 5000 miles for heavy duty driving (defined in the manual) and every 7500 miles if not heavy duty. i don't go by what the dealership says...they're usually out to make money off of you.

Every 6,000 minimum. Remember we are driving over a two-ton vehicle and the tires tend to wear faster. Rotate them late and the wear will be uneven, especially the AWD version.

I do tire rotation myself.
Therefore, I often do that when I have time and/or see uneven wear starts to show.

I brought my car to NTB last fall to put on the winter Blizzaks for $20. They told me that they would rotate the summer and winter tires free forever more without a charge.

Also, my dealer provided me a letter when I purchased the car that they will rotate the tires free every 7K miles.

I rotate every 5000 to 7500 miles. I also check air pressure on all vehicles Sunday.

My .02C

Had my Pirelli STR A s installed and Mr. Tire recommended every two oil changes = 10K miles. Dunno if this is right, but will try. Maybe I can do it myself after 5K w/ 2 jack stands and the vehicle jack.

So far, I did mine every 10K (just checked my maintenance record).
It is exactly 2 oil changes since I follow the 5K oil change interval.

Factory Bridgestones? Those suckers wear fast, I would rotate every oil change ~3500-4000 miles.

-OR-

don't rotate them at all, that way you will have to buy new tires sooner, and you will be much happier! (although $800 lighter)

(drive2)

Last edited:
I did an oil change at a little over 5k miles, will do the rotation next week at about 6k miles. Not a huge deal, but we took the car to ADSS (Advance Driving Skills School) in October, so the corners got pretty worn, even though we were on a wet skidpad and autocross. My wife had a blast though, well worth the tire wear.

Back