Just bought *another* set of Yokohama tires

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
Back in October, I ordered a set of 20" Yokohama tires for my CX-9. I got the hard-to-find 245/50R-20 Yokohama Parada Spec-X and I couldn't be happier with them. What a change from the stock tires that had 36K+ miles on them.

Anyway, I liked the Yokohama Paradas so much that I decided to get a set of Yokohama ADVAN S.4.'s for my Audi A4. The customer feedback for these tires on TireRack.com was almost as good as the feedback for the Parada Spec-X.

The Yokos aren't cheap tires, but you get what you pay for. Last weekend, my Pirelli P6's started to hydroplane on the interstate in a HUGE downpour when I was going 70 MPH. That's when I said: "I'm gettin' another set of Yokohama!"

Yokohama is also among my top choices for tires.
My wife's Prius also have Yoko tires on it.
For Korean ones, I like Kumho.
Big bang for the bucks you paid for them.

I have not had much luck with Yoko's, but that was a while ago...I used to have AVS ES100 and Parada Spec 2's. Both were "ok" but I was not totally impressed with either. It sounds like they have got better...

All tires from a manufacturer are not created equal.

The Bridgestone Dueler H/L is a horrible tire, but Bridgestone makes some of the best snow tires out there.

The Blizzak WS60 has great ice traction, and very good dry performance.

Very true, have you ever had a Goodyear Integrity? the worse tire in existance! My corolla came with them stock, I almost killed myself the first winter storm! I was going 10mph and tried to stop...not a very good idea, who would ever think that a tire is supposed to stop a car!

Yeah it seems that the only good Goodyears are the really expensive Goodyears. Their mid and low priced models seem to suck. I hate to generalize but that is my experience. I currently have Goodyear Eagle LS-2s on my Yukon and they are horrible in the snow (adequate on wet/dry pavement).

Very true, have you ever had a Goodyear Integrity? the worse tire in existance! My corolla came with them stock, I almost killed myself the first winter storm! I was going 10mph and tried to stop...not a very good idea, who would ever think that a tire is supposed to stop a car!

Tell me about it.
My wife's Prius came with GY Integrity. The worst tire money can buy.
The only thing good about it is that it is LRR (low rolling resistance). i.e. save fuel. That's why Prius has it....

Back