How I remove the rear cover of the floor console?

flycaster,
Send me a PM with an e-mail address, I will send you a scanned page (jpg) from WorkShop manual.
They are pretty easy to remove, but don't use brute force w/o the manual.
You might break a tab/clip, which will cost you even more...

Hi Ceric,

I don't suppose you have the same page from the workshop manual for a 2009 (series 2) (i.e. with the digital temp control for the back) ?

Cheers

Terry

Hi Ceric,

I don't suppose you have the same page from the workshop manual for a 2009 (series 2) (i.e. with the digital temp control for the back) ?

Cheers

Terry

My WorkShop manual is for 2008.
Do you think it would be significantly different (in the way to take it apart)?
Shoot me a PM with an email address, I will send you what you need (if not too many..)

I realize this post is aging, but I also have a need to repair the rear console on my CX-9. I recently bought a used, like-new 2007 CX-9 and though it may sound strange to some, it is probably the newest and most luxurious thing I have ever owned. I made myself a promise that I would care for it immensely, unlike the other used vehicles I have owned in the past. Despite repeated lectures to my family, while my daughter was throwing a temper tantrum, she kicked in the AC panel on the rear console. (hand) Luckily the AC controls still work, but the panel is loose and recessed. (sadbanana)

Can anyone provide or point me to some instructions on how to take it apart? I am afraid that I might make it worse if I try to fix it without a guide.

Last edited:
As I posted above, if you send me a PM with an email address that can take JPG attachments, I will send you the pages from WorkShop manual.
If I don't see the email tonight, I am off to vacation for a couple weeks.
You will have to wait.

Back