Installing the stainless steel rear bumper guard

tully

:
2007 CX-9 GT & 2014 Mazda6 GT
Has anyone installed the stainless steel rear bumper guard? Does it install over the existing black guard or do you need to remove the black one first.

Thanks

Last edited:
See my avatar.
Yes, it goes on top of the black bumper pad, which is an integral part of the bumper (no way to take that out!).
The 3M tapes go around the perimeter (underside) of the stainless guard.

Bought at Mazdaparts.org

Attachments

• 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 1,176
Got one myself after admiring Ceric's. Great for protecting the bumper when loading and unloading heavier items.

Real easy to install to!

Got one myself after admiring Ceric's. Great for protecting the bumper when loading and unloading heavier items.

Real easy to install to!
Hi Tully, I am about to get my 2010 GT CX-9 and can't remember if the black bumper guard is standard or is it an option on the GT trim? I did not get the stainless steel guard since I thought I'd get that later. Please let me know. Thanks! Rossman

As I said earlier, the black bumper guard is an integral part of the bumper (simply unpainted). The stainless guard is not part of any package. It is an accessary.

The guard comes with complete instructions and the mounting tape already installed.

Just got around to ordering mine finally as I've been noticing when the dog jumps down from the back her paws just overhang the black guard so I want the extra protection on the back edge.

Should also look pretty good against the black body!

Back