Daytime running LED lights connection?

blkcx9

:
Black cx-9 GT
I am adding a LED strip light to the front of the 9 and would like to know where I can tap igition power from under the hood. I only need a + and - and want them to go on with the ignition and off with the ignition. They will draw very little due to being LEDs.

The closest place I know is inside the side kick panel near your left foot when driving.
It is really not that difficult to route a wire thru the firewall at all.
If that is good, I will find out exactly where for you.
Ground can be taped to the body frame (track down the (-) terminal of the battery).

TAP for Ignition

I can run a wire through the firewall with no issues. Just let me know which wire I should tap into. Thanks

Which one is the ECU in the engine compartment

I looked at the cover and it I don't see any ECU just ENG.

It's either #30 or #35 They are both marked "Engine" (PCM). I believe one is hot all the time and the other one is only hot when ignition key is turned on.

I am adding a LED strip light to the front of the 9 and would like to know where I can tap igition power from under the hood. I only need a + and - and want them to go on with the ignition and off with the ignition. They will draw very little due to being LEDs.
You may want to check out this link ~ I chose to tap into the PINK wire (seat warmer) which is always on when the ignition is on (unless yours didn't come with seat warmer).

Engine Light after using the add a circuit in the engine compartment

After I added a "add a circuit connection" to the fuse box my engine light came on. I would assume that it is due to the draw on the circuit though LEDs should draw almost nothing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Yes, Installed two fuses. After I took out the add a circuit and put the original fuse back in the engine light went out. Ideas?

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble or be the party pooper, but I have to ask....WHY?

What is the purpose of this "Audisque" LED lighting on the front end? IMHO, it is totally rice and if you wanted the LED look why didn't you just buy a Q5 or a Q7 or any newer Audi for that matter. I hate to say it but this idea is just dumb. I am not a gremlin prowling around in forums trying to start fights but it is a forum nonetheless and we are all free to voice our opinions.

Well sorry but just didn't like the Audi. Quality stinks from personal experience, especially when you pay the big bucks. I like what I have thanks.

i tap mine into the front courtesy lights, i ground it to the chassis(copper one) and the other(silver) to the yellow wire. so when i turn on my headlights, they will come on first then my headlights. i like being different!(breakn)

Back