silver trim, is this an issue too?

tstex

Guys,

The 2009 CX9 had all the sliver trim on all four door and along the center console replaced. I just noticed that the silver trim piece around the gear shifter at the top of the center console has some wear marks? Has anyone has an issue with this piece or know of the TSB that should replace this one too?

Thank you,
tstex

tstex,
Mazda replaced those painted pieces because the paint used on some of them
was not completely correct (or the painting process). Therefore, they replaced
them if within VIN range and customers complained.
However, if Mazda does not think the pieces you mentioned have issue, they may
not be so willing to do it. Does not hurt to check with your dealer, though.

Picture?

I don't think they will replace the middle piece, at least not from what I have heard other people say. I had the trim on all four doors replaced on my 08, but I don't know if they replaced the trim that lines the center console or not.

Thx guys, what it seems like on this one is dealer discretion...Ceric, cannot get a good pic because of the angle...when I take it in next, I will ask them to look at it and I will give you guys an update. thanks again, tstex

If you can get Mazda to replace the center pieces then hats off to you. I fought tooth and nail to get them to replace all four door trim pieces. The driver side of course was the worst and originally they wanted to replace only that one. Just got all four replaced the other day. They told me Mazda will not cover the center pieces.

poor quality for trim

Those trim pieces are always going to get rubbed, touched, etc. I have learned how they install and will just paint them prior to trading it in. The new pieces are not that much better.

Another gem in Mazda quality. I've asked my deal 3 different times to replace my silver door pieces and refuse because is wasn't in the VIN range.

Any suggestions on how to get the dealer to take responsibility for a quality issue?

I'm not opposed to removing the trim and repainting it myself. Any threads or info on how to do this for the doors and the trim pieces on each side of the gear shifter (not the ring around the shifter).

Another gem in Mazda quality. I've asked my deal 3 different times to replace my silver door pieces and refuse because is wasn't in the VIN range.

Any suggestions on how to get the dealer to take responsibility for a quality issue?

I'm not opposed to removing the trim and repainting it myself. Any threads or info on how to do this for the doors and the trim pieces on each side of the gear shifter (not the ring around the shifter).

CX9NW,

You need to get Mazda USA heavily involved and put on the full-court press...If your trim is having the same problems as the VINS stated in the TSB, time to include your VIN as well...keep posting back and let us know.

Good luck,
tstex

Back