CX9 Aftermarket Wheel

Touring9

Found these and think they would look great on the CX9. I am even considering the gunmetal version for our Pearl White Touring

TSW Londrina
18x8 or 20x8.5, both with 40mm offset

Attachments

• TSW Londrina chrome.jpg
    TSW Londrina chrome.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 469
  • TSW Londrina gunmetal.jpg
    TSW Londrina gunmetal.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 460
Note that the OE wheels are
18x7.5J and 20x7.5J with 44mm offset.
("J" is for bead pattern, probably the same for most wheels.)
With wide wheels, you are running with a higher chance of scratching the wheels.
With diff offset, you may change the track width, therefore, handling.

Yes, but even on the 20" you're only looking at about 5/8" further out that stock. Still not even out to the fender well edges.

I haven't looked into it completely, but the different wheel offset and width affect suspension geometry (i.e.handling), not just look. In some cases, it may cause the tires to wear on one side. One needs to compensate it with toe in/out. After all, the factory alignment parameters were based on the OE wheels. Just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
I don't think he is going to have a problem with those wheels at all. He is pushing the entire wheel outward by 4mm which is about ~1/4" but he is also going 1" wider which essentially will add ~1/2" more to each side of the wheel (inner and outer). So yes, the wheel will be pushed outward about ~3/4" closer to the fender/quarter panel but only ~1/4" inward past where the OEM wheel sits at. Just my $0.02

I have 18's, so the wheels wouldn't be more than 3/8" further out and 1/8" further in from stock. I would still verify the alignment, just to be sure it'a spot on, though.

You are fine.. The fitment is not aggressive at all. No need to waste money for an alignment and the risk of getting your new rims scratched.

Please post some pics when you get them.

^+1 for that. ^ I always like the look of TSW Londrina and wonder how they appear on the CX-9, in 20".

The wheel offset is not a big problem, in my opinion. You have 9mm less inner clearance and 17mm more extend outward, in the 20" application. The inner clearance should get more attention for front wheel turning but most SUV at 9mm less should be OK. My last Highlander had 18x8 TSW with 20 offset vs. OEM 16x6.5 with 35 offset (extend 34mm outward). The handling was improved significantly due to wider tire footprint and the new Yoko tires last almost 50k mile.

Picking up my car today with the new rims. Will post a picture later.

I decided to go with the Lexani 22: LX-10's

Take a look at the rims.

Attachments

• Lexani LX-10.jpg
    Lexani LX-10.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 890
  • lx-10.jpg
    lx-10.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
where are the pictures? this thread is useless w/o pictures of the 9s with rims on! :)

Back