09 CX9 Passenger Seat

fxpthl

OK out there... Am I the only one out here that can't understand why the engineers at Mazda put this front passenger seat so high? Everyone that gets into that seat knock their head on the door frame! The back and forth adjustments are fine but there must be some way to lower it's height! or is there? Someone with some knowledge along these lines, please help us out? Knobby Headed Dude from California

There is a way to lower the front seat if you have the power seats. I've got the GT and I was having the same problem and I'm only 5'9", so I just lowered the seat and haven't had any problems since.

Great, but just how do you do that?! The power selector on the passenger side doesn't have a lowering lever light the drivers side does, just tilt & forward and back!

Wow, how did I miss the part about the passenger seat in your post. I thought you were speaking about the passenger seat. I don't think it goes down any lower.

I have to agree that the seat height is off, and even more you can't adjust it. My old man wacks his head every time He rides in it.

High Front Passenger Seat Issues

Well it appears that my problem is not unusal for this vehicle, darn it! I had hoped that there would be a simple fix the enable me to lower it. Oh well, they really didn't lose the War did they!?

Back