WTB: Manual Boost Controller

I suggest you don't put in a MBC, they tend to spike badly, and will probably end up in you turning it up and throwing a rod unless you hav a LOT of self control. lol

i like to think i do, i know the stock internals are weak, lol so i wont try to go above 7 AT MOST, and what do you mean it'll spike? the psi will?

I suggest you don't put in a MBC, they tend to spike badly, and will probably end up in you turning it up and throwing a rod unless you hav a LOT of self control. lol

yes, the PSI will jump above your set boost level, then settle back down... 7 is only like half a psi over stock... is it really worth like $100 (or whatever you end up paying) to you?

honestly, I think you should go with neither... just leave it at stock boost unless you have the mods to support being worth raising the boost. putting in a FMIC and opening up the boost will actually raise the boost without putting in any boost control whatsoever.

so if im running the stock msp ecu i dont need a boost controller? unless i want to adjust it?

honestly, I think you should go with neither... just leave it at stock boost unless you have the mods to support being worth raising the boost. putting in a FMIC and opening up the boost will actually raise the boost without putting in any boost control whatsoever.

no one "needs" a boost controller. the WGA limits the boost, basically all a boost controller does is bypass the WGA (which uses boost pressure to push against the spring that holds the wastegate closed longer than it would otherwise) to a certian point, which is why they tend to spike.

/end boost lesson... lol

Last edited:
no one need a boost controller. the WGA limits the boost, basically all a boost controller does is bypass the WGA (which uses boost pressure to push against the spring that holds the wastegate closed) to a certian point, which is why they tend to spike.

/end boost lesson... lol

false, do you know what turbo he just bought? he bought a gt28r with a stock skyline wastegate set at 14.7psi

so he would NEED this manual boost controller to turn DOWN the boost

last I checked manual boost controllers don't create the boost pressure needed to overcome the wastegate spring. they limit the amount of boost pressure passed to the WGA... in which case, regardless of turbo or WGA, a MBC will not accomplish this goal.

well i really never understood how a MBC worked so im going to take ur word for it on that lol

but um so how would he get it to use able boost levels?
i was thinking about just trading him my stock MSP turbo for the GT28R since im going forged and he isnt; that would make more sense i think

(he's my brother btw not sure if u knew that)

I did not,

but aside from putting a T25 WGA on it.. i'm not aware of a way to adjust internally wastegated boost levels down unless the WG itself is adjustable. I'd say the 28 would do you more good and the 25 would be better for him.. but thats up to the 2 of you, and if I were you I'd still want the boost level lowered.

boost controllers provide a false vacuum signal to the WGA. You cannot however go lower than what the WGA is originally set for. Some MBC's are better than others though, i am running a DNA motorsports MBC in my talon and i only ever get a 1psi spike at 15psi because of how its designed but its also an almost $100 MBC. To lower the WGA you can either change the spring inside if there is the ability (being that its stock i doubt it) or replace the WGA (my suggestion is the ATP WGA for t25/t28 turbos should hold steady at around 9psi)

Back