hard water stains on w-shield & other

tstex

Hey Guys,

My car was parked in a business area where the sprinklers went off in the middle of the afternoon, covered my car, then was dried by the sun.

Took the CX9 to the car wash and no help. I tried getting the water stains off with Windex first and nothing doing.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
tstex

Hey Guys,

My car was parked in a business area where the sprinklers went off in the middle of the afternoon, covered my car, then was dried by the sun.

Took the CX9 to the car wash and no help. I tried getting the water stains off with Windex first and nothing doing.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
tstex

Go here and buy the wax. This stuff is unbelievable. It removes tar, bugs, water stains and makes a very nice shine. You will be dumping your clay bar and polish/cleaners in no time. Use it on your glass too to remove the stains. it is like using rain-x when applied to the winshield. The water just flows off in a rain storm. I also have the waterless wash/wax to use bewtween waxing. I still wash the car conventionally however, and use this after the wash and dry.

http://www.waxdirect.com/

I use this stuff on the glass of all my vehicles, and it works great. I apply it with a buffer, and remove with a micro-fiber towel. Takes off all water spots and crud.

dpglass.jpg

I use this stuff on the glass of all my vehicles, and it works great. I apply it with a buffer, and remove with a micro-fiber towel. Takes off all water spots and crud.

dpglass.jpg

+1

I use that stuff as well and it's awesome. Afterwards, i spray on some window cleaner and wipe it off with a MF cloth and the results are amazing.

I feel for you.

My wife decided to wash the 9 and she could not reach the roof to dry it. I pulled in and saw the worst water stains ever. Dried white calcium and stains.. I bugged out....

I spent 3 hours buffing by hand with every known polish I have and got it back 98 percent. I know it is the roof and thats why I left it at 98 percent. I told her next time, take it to the car wash which uses condition ionized water that does not stain.

Thanks for info guys! I've got the hard water stains on the back window (only that window for some reason...) from when it sat on the dealer lot. I'll have to try some of that stuff.

Gent's,

I have already ordered the products you suggested and will give them a try...i also received a tip from our exterminator and he said to use lemon pledge wax on water-stained glass..said the chemicals in the wax bond with te water stains and when you remove the wax, you removed the water stains too...I tried it and it removed about 98%... WTH !!!!!

Wanted to see if any of you guys get this type of results? I am going to use the products I buy to remove the rest and proactively for the future.

Regards,
tstex

I see that I am late to the topic, but come on over to the detailing section (see sig). This has been covered a couple of times I'm sure.

Some home fixes are using a 50:50 mix of isopropyl alcohol:water. Or you can try vinegar. Both of these will often do the trick, unless the deposits have etched into your glass.

That DP products is fine, but I don't recommend wasting the money. I use iso:water mix for next to nothing. If the spots don't want to move you may have to get a polish or paint cleaner type product.

Clay...

Go out and by a Mothers Gold Clay Bar kit.

Spray the glass or paint down with the detailer and then rub over the area with the clay bar. Guaranteed, it will remove the water spots and leave the glass or paint smooth as glass.

Very easy to do, doesn't take any substantial elbow grease. So long as you keep the surface wet with the detailer it will do the job. Little or no risk of paint damage if you follow the instructions.

Been there, done that, and it's definitely worth the money. Much easier, safer, and faster than using polish and a buffer.

Water Stains

Hello Gang,
Vinegar on a sponge will remove the calcium deposits on contact without any effect on the vehicle finish. This is a huge problem in San Antonio, we use it for everything.

Back