I Need A LIttle Trim

Force-1

:
2008 CX-9
Took the CX-9 to local car wash today. As I was about to leave the manager ran up to me and handed me a trim piece that fell off during the wash. I dropped by my Mazda dealer to see if they could glue it back on. Service manager said best bet was to order an entire new insert, so now I wait for its arrival. (argh)

Attachments

• Photo_101309_001.jpg
    Photo_101309_001.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 287
  • Photo_101309_002.jpg
    Photo_101309_002.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 274
is that glue residue behind that piece? can't tell from the pictures. I don't recall hearing about this before. Good thing the dealer stepped up and ordered you a new piece.

When dealers step-up and do the right thing, give them some major kudos and let them know it.

I always judge their original intent and how they deal with issues before being forced to do so. This determines whether I will ever do business with them or the manufacturer they represent.

Good luck,
tstex

PS - I like your topic! Sorry, I could not resist.

Last edited:
is that glue residue behind that piece? can't tell from the pictures. I don't recall hearing about this before. Good thing the dealer stepped up and ordered you a new piece.

Yes, it appears to be glue. Service manager said Mazda prefers to replace parts vs. repair. He said if they attempted to repair, and it failed, they might not be able to have it replaced again under warranty.

Dealership also said they had never seen a window frame trim piece fall off.

When dealers step-up and do the right thing, give them some major kudos and let them know it.

I always judge their original intent and how they deal with issues before being forced to do so. This determines whether I will ever do business with them or the manufacturer they represent.

Good luck,
tstex

PS - I like your topic! Sorry, I could not resist.

I figured someone would catch on. :D

Back