Car seems to be destroying light bulbs

Jfields21

Hey guys, I have an issue wanted to get some thoughts. My 08 sport has went thru 4 marker bulbs and the interior plugs keep failing. The dealer is fixing them for free but they can not give me a reason as to why this is happening. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Joel

Hey guys, I have an issue wanted to get some thoughts. My 08 sport has went thru 4 marker bulbs and the interior plugs keep failing. The dealer is fixing them for free but they can not give me a reason as to why this is happening. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Joel

I just replaced my 2nd front marker bulb today on my '08 Sport. If I end up having to replace the same ones again, I'll be annoyed. For now, I will assume the original bulbs came from a 'less than stellar' batch of bulbs.
So far, no interior lights have failed on mine. 2 years old and 52K miles....and counting.

I have a '08 GT (2-years old) with 62,000 miles, within the last two weeks one tail light and both front marker lights have burned out. This is the first car I have had in years that I had to replace a bulb let alone three in two weeks! (notcool)

Last edited:
My neighbor's Sienna (newest model) had the stop light burned out several times.
There is no warning on Toyota, so I notified him several times. He said he replaced them several times already, and they keep going out.
Apparently, such thing is not unique to Mazda.
My old '98 BMW 540iA had the tail light out so many times that I lost count.
There was a warning display on BMW, so I got notified frequently. I actually stocked up several
bulbs inside the glove compartment. That tells you how often it failed.

It seems that nowadays the light bulb quality is not as good as they used to be...
Especially, the ones you can buy from Autozone and Kragen. They are so easy to get burned out.
I found that once you have to replace the OE ones, the new ones from Autozone/Kragen don't last as long...

My Volvo S80 also burns out bulbs, mostly the low beams and the brake lights.
Buy stock in light bulb companies (2thumbs)

^Man, those are really big tits! (attn)
Ive changed one bulb on each side for the position lights. No biggie deal.
Pretty normal, and those bulbs are so so so so cheap.

Now one of my rear tail lights went out. Thankfully, access to, and replacement, is a LOT easier than the front right marker bulb...that one was a little b!tch to get out.

As someone else mentioned - at least the bulbs are inexpensive and can be changed without involving a trip to the dealer.

Back