Blizzak DM-V1

drafty888

When I was researching tires for my 2008 CX-9 Sport I came across this site, and now that I've had the DM-V1's on my CX-9 for a couple weeks I thought this crowd might be interested in the results.

Dumbfounding. I was getting 18 to 18.5 mpg consistantly all summer long with the OEM Bridgestone Duellers. My last two tanks of gas with the DM-V1's on them have produced 20.5 to 21 mpg results under the same driving conditions.

This means either the DM-V1's are awesome snow tires or the Duellers are total junk. I am inclined to believe both statements are true.

I immediately noticed a slight drop in cornering performance with the DM-V1's over the Duellers, but overall am very impressed with the DM-V1's handling. Reasonably quiet on the highway and good on wet roads, as I found out today.

It could be the tire pressure change when new tires got installed.
No way to be scientifically sure, but thanks for the info.
Sticky summer tires usually consume more fuel. That is to be expected. (high rolling resistance)

snow tires are also very soft......is there a change on the overall diameter of the whole set up?????

-R

My two cents.
Last winter on the stock AS Dueller's, my AWD CX9 was terrible in the snow.
Installed the Blizzak DM-V1 in 245/50/20 on my 1 month ago. My CX9 is easily the best car I have ever had in the snow. And I have driven many cars with snow tires in the past.
I should have upgraded to the DM-V1 last winter. At $155 / tire in 20", thats a pretty darn good price too.

My two cents.
Last winter on the stock AS Dueller's, my AWD CX9 was terrible in the snow.
Installed the Blizzak DM-V1 in 245/50/20 on my 1 month ago. My CX9 is easily the best car I have ever had in the snow. And I have driven many cars with snow tires in the past.
I should have upgraded to the DM-V1 last winter. At $155 / tire in 20", thats a pretty darn good price too.

See, I would order from tirerack but here is the problem...

everytime you do a swap, they are going to charge you, unless, you get the rim/tire package and do the swap yourself. The tire guy that I have will do 2 free swaps per year on your original rims, that can be a huge cost savings if you think about it...

Back