Can't find *ANY* 20" Yokohama Parada X Tires. Ideas?

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
Last week, I was all set to buy four new 20" Yokohama Parada Spec-X all-weather tires for my CX-9 Grand Touring. I logged on to the Discount Tire website (linky), and saw that there was a 2-3 day wait to get the tires. Great!

Turns out that there's a 30 to 60 DAY wait. Discount Tires claim that no one has the tires I want: Parada Spec-X 245/50R-20 102V B

Does anyone have any suggestions about who else might carry these? EBay? Another smaller on-line vendor? I really had my heart set on these tires -- the reviews are awesome. And all of the other comparable tires for other manufacturers have mixed user reviews at best.

I just ordered a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X 245/50-20's from TireRack.com for $159/each. I also got the Road Hazard protection for $76. With $88 for shipping from Nevada, the total came to $800.

TireRack quoted an availability date of 11/21. That's still 5-1/2 weeks out and means I'll have to wait until just before Thanksgiving, but it's still 2-3 weeks less than DiscountTire's estimate of 60+ days.

If a freak snowstorm hits the Seattle area before then, we'll just use my Audi A4 Quattro. Come to think of it, even *after* the Parada's arrive, we'll still probably use only the Audi if we're in the middle of a snow or ice storm. :)

I probably will do the same.
My Duellers have 21K on them now.
The thread depth is going... and I am happy about it. How strange?

Last week, I was all set to buy four new 20" Yokohama Parada Spec-X all-weather tires for my CX-9 Grand Touring. I logged on to the Discount Tire website (linky), and saw that there was a 2-3 day wait to get the tires. Great!

Turns out that there's a 30 to 60 DAY wait. Discount Tires claim that no one has the tires I want: Parada Spec-X 245/50R-20 102V B

Does anyone have any suggestions about who else might carry these? EBay? Another smaller on-line vendor? I really had my heart set on these tires -- the reviews are awesome. And all of the other comparable tires for other manufacturers have mixed user reviews at best.

ArmchairBronco,
That's the reason why I went with the spec-x 255/50-20. They were a 3 day wait compared to the 2-3 weeks on the 245/50-20. I got mine through Discount tires back in august 09.
I also considered the tirerack option but i would have to find someone to mount them.

ArmchairBronco,
That's the reason why I went with the spec-x 255/50-20. They were a 3 day wait compared to the 2-3 weeks on the 245/50-20. I got mine through Discount tires back in august 09.
I also considered the tirerack option but i would have to find someone to mount them.

Same here, getting them mounted tomorrow. Hint - use the found lower price link and give them Tire Rack's price.

Also, supposedly.... Yoko is discontinuing this line, that is what 2 local dealers told me when they tried getting an ETA on them. Take that with a grain of salt but supposedly much of the Parada line has already been discontinued.

Last edited:
When TireRack called to confirm my order, they said that the estimated arrival date was conservative and that the tires might be here sooner. I asked them to send the tires to the nearest Firestone shop instead of to my house. It'll save me a bit of hassle when they do arrive.

I also thought about getting the 255/50-20's, but I read such good things about the 245/50-20's that I decided to wait it out...and hope that we don't get nailed with a giant snowstorm before Thanksgiving. (...crosses fingers...)

Last edited:
The availability of Yoko Parada Spec-X (245/50R20) has been updated to 10/23/09 from Nevada warehouse. If the Nevada warehouse is closest to where you live, the wait period has been cut by 1 month. I just placed my order.
Cheers,

New Parada Spec-X Sneakers

Just put the Yoko Parada Spec-X's on the wifes's CX-7.

The OEM Goodyear RS-A have only 5500 miles on them but based on the reviews, I've read, they are as bad as the Duehler's on our cars. Real crap.

The wife hate's driving in the snow, but even with an AWD and these new sneakers, I'm hoping she feels confident this winter.

Her CX-7 is like a baby CX-9.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    814.5 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 419
The availability of Yoko Parada Spec-X (245/50R20) has been updated to 10/23/09 from Nevada warehouse. If the Nevada warehouse is closest to where you live, the wait period has been cut by 1 month. I just placed my order.
Cheers,

Really! My tires are coming through the Nevada warehouse. Great news; I'll check my e-mail from TireRack.com for an update.

EDIT:

Yep, I see the estimated 10/23/90 date when I track my order. This is great news. The HEAVY, HEAVY rains started yesterday, so we need the tires now. It rained so hard today that we just stayed home and played old board games. Can't wait to ditch the old Duelers.

Last edited:
Really! My tires are coming through the Nevada warehouse. Great news; I'll check my e-mail from TireRack.com for an update.

EDIT:

Yep, I see the estimated 10/23/90 date when I track my order. This is great news. The HEAVY, HEAVY rains started yesterday, so we need the tires now. It rained so hard today that we just stayed home and played old board games. Can't wait to ditch the old Deulers.

Mine did really well in the rain yesterday (2thumbs)

I just got a shipping notice from Tirerack.com.
The Yoko Parada Spec-X (245/50R20) is back in stock at tirerack.com.

I just got a shipping notice from Tirerack.com.
The Yoko Parada Spec-X (245/50R20) is back in stock at tirerack.com.

strange...i just checked today and it says estimated availability: 11/20/09. yesterday it said 10/23/09 (sigh)...

I looked yesterday at it said est. date 10/23 but when you added to the card to checkout and typed in your zip code it gave the 11/20 date for all of the warehouses. I think Tire Rack is even confused on when they will receive them.

Seems strange. However, the following is what is shown on my order tracking.
I tried to place an order again, it shows "Back Order" for Nevada warehouse and 11/20/09 for elsewhere.
I guess I was just lucky this time. Hope they don't ship me the wrong tires...

--------------------------------------------------------
ORDER TRACKING
Your Order Information

Track My Order

Please note that tracking information may not be available immediately.
Order No: Axxxxxx
Date: October 16, 2009
Order Status: SHIPPED
Note:
Order Availability: In Stock
Date Shipped: October 21, 2009
Ship Via: UPS GROUND
Packages: 4
Distribution Center: NEVADA
Vehicle: 2008 MAZDA CX-9 GRAND TOURING AWD

Tires
Item Description Availability Qty. Price Each Item Total
245/50R20 Yokohama Parada Spec-X IN STOCK 4 $159.00 $636.00

Other Products
Item Description Availability Qty. Price Each Item Total
YOKOHAMA WARRANTY PACKET IN STOCK 1 N/C N/C
TIRE REGISTRATION CARD -RETAIL IN STOCK 1 N/C N/C

Item(s) Total: $636.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Excise Tax: $0.00
State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $0.00
Shipping: $82.16

Order Total: $718.16

Last edited:
My set of 4 tires left Nevada on the 21st, and today they were scanned in @ Portland, Oregon. I'm expecting them to arrive tomorrow at the Goodyear installer in Bellevue, WA near where I work.

With luck, I'll have them on this weekend on or on Monday.

So...it seems like Ceric and I received the last 8 of these awesome tires on the West Coast! (usa)

Buying tires in infectious...I'm already thinking about some new 17" all-weather tires for my Audi A4. I have a set of Pirelli's with 30K+ miles on 'em already.

Last edited:
What's the "total" price you're paying for these...and ... what are you being charged to have them installed? I'm just wondering of our competitiveness.

I ended up paying $800 to TireRack.com for the 4 tires. This included:

* four 245-50R-20 Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires @ $159/each = $636
* road hazard insurance @ $19/each = $76
* shipping (Nevada to Seattle) = $88
* tax = $0

Then I had to pay separately for installation. I had TireRack.com send the tires to a GoodYear installer near my office. I paid about $75 for the installation (inlcuding a disposal fee for the old tires) and I also paid another $79 for a complete alignment. With tax, the installation + alignment came to $179.

Total out-of-pocket cost = about $1059

Damn, I was hoping to make my tires last till Friday so I could order new ones from Discount Tire, but I have had a slow leek in my tire for months now. It got so bad yesterday that I had to pump the tire twice during the day, so I got fed up and brought my car to Mr. Tire. It seems that on the inside of the tire it is worn down to the metal belt and more than that the tech says all of my tires are in the same boat. What would cause that you say, well bad alignment. The thing I have dealt with since I bought the vehicle. I told a Mazda service rep once about the pulling to the left issue once and I was told that the vehicle was properly aligned.

Anyway come to find out Mr. Tire will order the Yoko Spec-X for me and honor the tirerack price of $159 per tire. I am waiting for a call this morning to tell me if I can come in tomorrow. I am to psyched that I can get my tires sooner possible for the internet price at Mr. Tire. They even put my spare on for me and I did not pay a dime yesterday for any service.

Last edited:
Back